Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Flacco to be Highest Paid QB EVER

96 posts in this topic

Posted

Good for him. He's always been a very good QB. The media never gave him credit bc he's not handsome or has an intresting personality like other young QB's.

Posted

Cam is the face of Under Armour and arguably the face of Gatorade now if going off of how he is the first and only face you see on their main page. He's making a ton of money, so I have a feeling he isn't going to ask for as much. Will be interesting though.

Posted

Cam is the face of Under Armour and arguably the face of Gatorade now if going off of how he is the first and only face you see on their main page. He's making a ton of money, so I have a feeling he isn't going to ask for as much. Will be interesting though.

Yeah but back here in the real world.......

Posted

He has the wins...

Aye, he has at least one Playoff win every year of his career. Nine Playoff wins all tolled, should have been in the Super Bowl back to back years but his receiver dropped a game winning TD then the kicker missed a chip shot field gola for OT against the Pats.

It's shyt load of money but if anyone knows what they're doing Ozzie Newsome does.

The track record proves it.

1 person likes this

Posted

You ever see how many endorsements peyton manning has? How many commercials he does? It didnt effect his enormous contract one bit (not saying he didn't deserve them).

Posted

Flacco doesn't deserve to he the highest paid because of talent... But when u have the season he had, win the superbowl and are superbowl MVP in your final year of your contract... You gonna get paid.

He could hear that cash register sound on every pass in the superbowl.

Timing is everything.

As far as getting paid more than Manning, he's older than dirt.

Brady just took a paycut because he's desperate for a shot to win another Super Bowl and he'll be 36 when next season starts.

And Breesus and the Aints, they simply had no choice.

Now Aaaron Rodgers is a FA after the 2014 season, look for a new top contratct then if not sooner.

Posted

If Cam gets us a Super Bowl win and gets us consistent playoff appearances with championship appearances then he can get that type of contract too and I wouldn't blink an eye. Whether or not Flacco solely deserves the money on his skills alone, the team under his performances got the job done.

If Cam can get the Panthers going with that type of record and get a us a Lombardi Trophy and an MVP performance doing so? Yeah I'd be just fine with ponying up.. outside of that he'd be looking up at the championship QB's money-wise IMO.

Posted

Nice...just read about how the standards for paying quarterbacks was affecting teams spending in on their areas.

Posted

Eh, next year some other QB will be the highest paid ever, then a new one the next year, and so on and so forth. Does he deserve to get paid more than any player ever? No, but that's just how inflation works.

It's really gonna make signing cam painful.

Posted

great quarterback

greater defense/running game/special teams/coaching/talent evaluation/drafting/front office

Their defense has waned over the last year

Posted

I understand the logic in rewarding the guy that brought you the championship but the highest paid player should be reserved for the ones that have the stats during the regular season and the postseason. Big Ben and Eli come to mind who should then be paid more than him.

I still do not see how someone who averages 20td passes a year, never thrown for 4k, and averages 60% is the highest paid when there's QBs that year after year throw for 4,500+, 35-45tds, and also win Super Bowls. Just doesn't add up.

They were better off franchising him and see if be can replicate the success. Now they're stuck with him whether or not he sucks for the remainder of his contract.

Much of that money is going to moxie, which in my opinion he has arguably the most of out of any QB in the league.

Posted

Yeah but back here in the real world.......

lol