Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

h0llywood

Joe Flacco to be Highest Paid QB EVER

96 posts in this topic

No prolific passers making it to the super bowl by themselves?

Brady, Manning, Brees, Joe Montana, Dan Marino of the top of my head.

Most had subpar defenses. The QB play took them there.

"Myth: Dan Marino had no defense. - http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/the-marino-mythology/4507/

In Marino's record-setting 1984 season, the Dolphins had the No. 1 scoring offense in football and the No. 6 scoring defense (18.6 points per game)."

"Myth: Dan Marino had no defense. - http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/the-marino-mythology/4507/

In Marino's record-setting 1984 season, the Dolphins had the No. 1 scoring offense in football and the No. 6 scoring defense (18.6 points per game)."

He was a prolific passer. I said most had shitty defenses or average to below out of the names i mentioned. Gave Brady, Manning and Brees as examples. That said Defense does win Championships with pretty much every sport.

Flacco is a good to great qb. They don't sign him, they have to find a gamer all over again. Can't risk that.

And how has he looked in those games prior to this season?

Heck, even this season he's only looked good, not special.

You really wanna argue he's better than all those elite names? Go ahead. I'm not buying, and if he returns to earth next season, that contract becomes an albatross.

Not going to argue with someone who made up their mind long ago despite the eye test, logic and proven performance,

Don't want to pay him that kind of money, Mr. GM? Fine- he walks and Ravens fans burn your stadium to the ground and your starting QB next year is who?.

The only other QB on the roster is? Tyrod Taylor.

Let's see how long you have a job after not paying Flacco that money.

marino had a decent defense one or two times i agree but most times it was PURE garbage. lol and remember san fran had just as good of a d if not better that year.

all those qbs had good d when they won....your best case is manning and his d stepped up big time in the playoffs.

brady had a stout top 5 defense when he won his 3( shouldnt have to tell anyone this/also spy gate),

brees's defense had the most turnovers when he won in the playoffs.

manning's defense in the playoffs LED in giving up the least pass/rushing yards and had over 10 turn overs.(the most out of 06 playoff teams)

never said i wouldnt sign flacco just would have not make him the highest paid player.

Guys, i'm sure the contract is conditonal... There was a tweet that said there have been 14 "$100M contracts" and the highest ever payout from those contracts was to brett favre at $54M.. flaccos not going to get the full contract.

Edit: https://twitter.com/...879811563548673

Cam's stats really aren't any better than Flacco's, he certainly hasn't won a Super Bowl, nor has he even sniffed the playoffs yet, but everyone assumes he's going to get a monster contract while bemoaning Flacco's.

#Huddlelogic.

Not going to argue with someone who made up their mind long ago despite the eye test, logic and proven performance,

Don't want to pay him that kind of money, Mr. GM? Fine- he walks and Ravens fans burn your stadium to the ground and your starting QB next year is who?.

That's why you slap him with the Franchise.

Cam's stats really aren't any better than Flacco's, he certainly hasn't won a Super Bowl, nor has he even sniffed the playoffs yet, but everyone assumes he's going to get a monster contract while bemoaning Flacco's.

#Huddlelogic.

Here are the numbers from Joe Flacco's first two seasons and Cam Newton's first two seasons.

Cam Newton's first two seasons, the offense ranked on average 11th in points, 9th in yards.

Joe Flacco's first two seasons, the offense ranked on average 10th in points, 15th in yards.

Carolina's defense on averaged ranked 23rd in points and 19th in yards.

Baltimore's defense on averaged ranked 3rd in points and 2nd in yards.

% Yards Avg. TD INT Rush TD QBRating

Cam Newton (13-19) 58.9 7,920 7.9 40 29 22 85.3

Joe Flacco (20-12) 61.5 6,584 7.05 35 24 2 84.6

So based on these stats, Cam Newton's offensive numbers are superior to Joe Flacco's in the touchdown department with a +25 difference. There is no argument here as Cam is more important to Carolina's offense than Joe Flacco is to his.

The biggest difference in the teams is of course the defense. Give Cam Baltimore's defense and he would be in the playoffs two years in a row.

1 person likes this

Oh, I would have paid him. I just wouldn't have overpaid him.

Have you seen what happens to organizations that overpay one player and then can't sign enough quality people around him to field a playoff worthy team?

Oh, I would have paid him. I just wouldn't have overpaid him.

Have you seen what happens to organizations that overpay one player and then can't sign enough quality people around him to field a playoff worthy team?

Given the Raven's track record of not getting themselves into cap trouble and the relativity of what one team can afford and another team can't, I'm sure the Ravens knew exactly what they could pay.

We need to remember the team and Flacco's people all agreed to wait until the season was over until they talked contract. If that was an issue and if the money was an issue, the Ravens would have used the tag on him. They're obviously okay with the money because they didn't tag him and they didn't spend a lot of time negotiating the new deal- just a few days.