• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#91 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

I think the question that needs to be asked here is if Flacco were to go down with an injury and the Ravens were forced to play an entire season without him (a la the 2011 Colts), would they still be somewhat competitive or would they instantly become the worst team in the league? I guess in Baltimore's eyes it's he latter.

U might be right. But, Tyrod Taylor has shown that he can handle the game, if Flacco goes down, given enough of a chance and with pratice.

#92 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,200 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

I think the question that needs to be asked here is if Flacco were to go down with an injury and the Ravens were forced to play an entire season without him (a la the 2011 Colts), would they still be somewhat competitive or would they instantly become the worst team in the league? I guess in Baltimore's eyes it's he latter.

Maybe not the worst team in the league, but not very good.

I think it's interesting to note that some of the best free agent WR signings in the last 4 years have been in Baltimore. Boldin, Houshmanzedah, Mason, Jacoby Jones, Mark Clayton and they've successfully gotten their best and still have a very young group now with Torey Smith and Tandon Doss. And let's not forget Ray Rice is only 26 and has great hands out of the backfield.

Tyrod Taylor? Seriously?

Look, I don't like this team for a lot of reasons (Cleveland), but they have done a masterful job of keeping some vets while bringing in young talent as well and from top to bottom, they have one of the best rosters in the league.

#93 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,964 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Like when Brady went down in 2008 and the Patriots su- oh yeah.

#94 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Haters.........start hatin'

#95 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,598 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

See, this is why I keep saying that the media now runs the NFL. It took this man 5 years to do what others like Eli and Brady did in less amount of time. Although getting to the SB is a feat in and of itself, Flaco has been in the play-offs every single year since he turned pro and has never gotten the job done. He finally does it and he's already gotten the "elite" title and money to go with it.

Let's be honest, even if Cam takes the Panthers to the SB and win in five years, I can bet there will be an intense debate over his elite status and how much money he should be making as a QB.

they considered Peyton elite long before he won his SB title in 2006 and it took him longer to accomplish that feat than any of those guys you mentioned

#96 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,598 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

The bottom line here, and by this I mean the statement the contract makes is this:

As long as you have the requisite skill set to set yourself up for playing QB successfully in this league, it doesn't matter if you throw for like 3900 yards a year and the other guy throws for 4500 yards a year as if it's effortless. If you can instill in your teammates, your coach, and even your owner that you can show composure when the chips are down and win big games, you are a priceless commodity. I had the same discussion with everybody about how Eli was worth his extension when it happened a few years ago (about a year and a half after his superbowl win) and barely anybody agreed with me. It was the largest contract for a QB at that time I believe. A few years later, he leads the Giants to another SB victory. And five years into their respective careers, Joe's resume does look more impressive than Eli's. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see him win another one within the next five years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.