Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jermichael Finley wont take pay cut

19 posts in this topic

Posted

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8998146/jermichael-finley-green-bay-packers-says-accept-pay-cut

So we all knew Green Bay wasn't going to be able to re-sign him and now it looks as if we wont have a chance either. Unless of course Getty decides TE #2 is worth spending good money on...

Olsen and Finley would be pretty dope however and probably would reduce for the need of a WR THIS year...

Posted

Ever had him on a fantasy team? I have picked him the past two years so I usually watch him when I watch the packers. He drops a lot of passes and is lazy on routes after being asked to stay in and block for a few plays in a row. I don't think te is a position that you want a diva.

1 person likes this

Posted

You don't want a diva at TE, you want a hard nosed baller, who will take a blocking assignment when he needs to, if your not going to block might as well get a. WR

Posted

yeah finley has a lot of talent but i would pass based on how he plays....could be the best tight end if he would stop fuging around. lol

Posted

Don't blame him for not wanting to take a paycut.

Posted

I think another tight end would work great with our offense, but Finley is not the answer. Two tight end sets with a power run offense. A power offense with play action fakes with that vertical down field passing attack would offset the heightened need for a receiver. Hopefully Shula, Rivera and Gettleman have a plan to diversify our offense.

I would prefer Bennett from the Giants for less money and Patterson in the draft.

Posted

There's a reason he's called Droptimus Prime.

Do not want.

Posted

Do not want.

A great talent without the drive to maximize it.

Posted

I think barnidge will be good if he gets the opportunity. We gotta sign him back though. He reminds me of Olsen somewhat.

Posted

sorry do not want. Let some other team over-pay for him and have him as a bad contract in a few years

Posted

We need a TE2 that can actually block. That means no to Finley and Barnidge.

Posted

Would much rather have Delaney Walker