Photo
- - - - -

Jermichael Finley wont take pay cut

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#16 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

The TE position is really not a priority, I don't think, especially with the looming other needs. That said, I do think that getting another one would actually be key to us getting into the post-season next year. I used to think positively of Finley after his first year or two in the league, but after reading about him during the last few months, I think that the guy is really more trouble than he is (NOT) worth. With guys like Delaney Walker, Martellus Bennett, and even Ben Watson becoming available, I just wouldn't take the risk. Hell, I'd even work out Chris Cooley, try to get by with what we got for another year, and leave Finley to go troll some other team.

#17 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

Should be interesting to see if anyone wants to pay Finley what he thinks he is worth. A lot of free agents are going to be pretty unhappy when they find that they won't be able to get what they think they deserve based on the tight cap space and a glut of guys getting cut. This may help us trying to get them on 1 year deals as Gettleman has suggested.

#18 Carolinablue27

Carolinablue27

Sugar tits

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'd rather draft Philipp Luetzenkirchen

#19 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Should be interesting to see if anyone wants to pay Finley what he thinks he is worth. A lot of free agents are going to be pretty unhappy when they find that they won't be able to get what they think they deserve based on the tight cap space and a glut of guys getting cut. This may help us trying to get them on 1 year deals as Gettleman has suggested.

I agree wholeheartedly. There are going to be a ton of butthurt players come signing time. Sure, the elite guys will still get elite money. But the rest will have to settle for what they can get, if they want to play that is.

It may come down to destination with a lot of these guys. They are going to get similar deals from almost every team. It just may come down to where they are willing to play. This is one of my worst fears. We offer guys comparable money, but they all turn us down. The wife and her mother are worst case scenario people. I guess it is starting to wear off on me.

Offensive guys may want a chance to play with Cam. But are the Defensive guys willing to come here? Going to be an interesting few months.

My giddy tells me Gettlemen is going to get this straightened out and we will do fine with FAs. But that voice in the back of my head is telling me we are not there yet and anything that can go wrong, will.