Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Addressing the kicker position through free agency

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Here are a few names from NFL.com's free agent list:

"56) Spin the wheel of starting kickers (Rob Bironas, Steven Hauschka, Phil Dawson, Mike Nugent, Jason Hanson): There are too many quality kickers available this offseason. It shouldn't be too hard to find one."

With these names floating around, I think we really need to take upgrading this position into consideration.

Link: http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000145968/top-85-free-agents-mike-wallace-heads-best-available/

Posted

A 90%+ kicker would be great. Most of those guys will want $2M-$3M

Posted

It is rare for a good kicker to hit the free agent market. If Rob Bironas is out there, pull the trigger. All those other guys are average if I'm not mistaken.

Posted

I liked our kicker we picked up late in the season considering we picked him up off the street he will improve. He made 2 out of 3 field goals outside the 45 yard line and can get his fair share of of touchbacks. He is younger than Justin Medlock too. I think he needs competition in camp, but I am more concerned with our punter. . He was atrocious during the middle of the season.

Posted

I liked our kicker we picked up late in the season considering we picked him up off the street he will improve. He made 2 out of 3 field goals outside the 45 yard line and can get his fair share of of touchbacks. He is younger than Justin Medlock too. I think he needs competition in camp, but I am more concerned with our punter. . He was atrocious during the middle of the season.

Gano? No thanks

2 people like this

Posted

Any stud kickers in the draft? We need a 110% kicker

Posted

would rather draft a talented young guy- will cost less and he could be with us for over a decade

Posted

Phil Dawson was probowl last year. He is older but likely has 3-4 years left. Give Panthers confidence to take some fg

shots

Posted

who cares about having a 10+ year kicker

Just get somebody we know is going to be reliable

Posted

gano is poo.. new kicker pls

Posted

I wouldn't mind drafting Patrick Murray, or at least inviting him as an udfa if he lasts through the draft.

I am searching for the next Legatron. I would rather draft a guy in the 6th or 7th than get another retread or treadmill kicker.

Posted

Bring in Bironas. Gano sucks, he missed a fugging extra point kick last year. GTFO.