• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Tomorrow, the History Channel will be airing a new mini-series about the Bible. It will air at 8 pm eastern time. I love the idea, but from watching some of the clips from the series, I'm disappointed to say the least. There are a lot of inaccuracies right off the bat, and I fear people will get the wrong idea about what the Bible says. Graphics wise, I'm not that impress. All in all, I'll let everyone know what I think about the film tomorrow, and we can have discussion on it. I can already tell you, I hope this film encourage producers to put out a major, more accurate film into theatres. I actually want to get involve in something like that. B)

#2 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,889 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Sponsored by: Chick Fil-A

#3 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,114 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

There are some biblical movies coming. So far I know of Darren Aronfsky Noah starring Russel Crow as Noah(its based on Aronfsky graphic novel Noah which is loosely based on the bible). Theres talks of Ben-Hur remake and Mosses movie directed by Spielberg or Ridley Scott. A Ponitus Pilate movie with Brad Pitt as the potential star and Paul Verhoeven wants to do "Jesus of Nazareth" based on the book he wrote which is drastically different than the bible.

#4 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,549 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Nothing would anger more Christians than an accurate portrayal of the Bible in film or television.

#5 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

, I'm disappointed to say the least. There are a lot of inaccuracies right off the bat, and I fear people will get the wrong idea about what the Bible says.

L tothemotherfuging OL

#6 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Oh I'll definitely check it out... I know Satan :D

#7 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Inaccuracies? Hahahahahaha

#8 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,194 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Del is actually all over it.

#9 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

There are some biblical movies coming. So far I know of Darren Aronfsky Noah starring Russel Crow as Noah(its based on Aronfsky graphic novel Noah which is loosely based on the bible). Theres talks of Ben-Hur remake and Mosses movie directed by Spielberg or Ridley Scott. A Ponitus Pilate movie with Brad Pitt as the potential star and Paul Verhoeven wants to do "Jesus of Nazareth" based on the book he wrote which is drastically different than the bible.

Very interesting. I'm curious to see what the Noah film will be like. Like I said before, I hope to one day get involved in projects like this. Even hoping to one day have a video game based on the Bible. ^_^

#10 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Won't be accurate until they stop casting Caucasians to fill African and middle eastern roles

#11 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Won't be accurate until they stop casting Caucasians to fill African and middle eastern roles

I agree. That was really one of the first things I noticed about the film. People have been doing movies about the Bible for a long time, and I've yet to see people of middle-eastern descent portray these characters. I wonder sometimes about that. Yet guess what, I've come to find out that Samson in this particular mini series, is black. So yeah, this film is definitely not accurate.

#12 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Here's a trailer of the film

#13 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

I agree. That was really one of the first things I noticed about the film. People have been doing movies about the Bible for a long time, and I've yet to see people of middle-eastern descent portray these characters. I wonder sometimes about that. Yet guess what, I've come to find out that Samson in this particular mini series, is black. So yeah, this film is definitely not accurate.

"The ancient Egyptians were true Negroes of the same type as all native born Africans. That being so, we can see how their blood mixed for several centuries with that of the Romans and Greeks, must have lost the intensity of it's original color, while retaining none the less the imprint of it's original mold. We can even state as a general principle that the face (referring to The Sphinx) is a kind of monument able, in many cases, to attest to or shed light on historical evidence on the origins of the people."

-Anthropologist, Count Constatin de Volney

In reference to Samson being black. Nearly all persons in the bible described as Hebrew would likely have been African black until the very height of the Roman Empire. Interesting how the only non-black Africans live exactly within the boundaries of the old Roman Empire

#14 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

*Man talks to a burning bush*

"This is SOOOOO inaccurate, none of these guys are middle eastern. Don't they care about realism?"

#15 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Brought to you by the same network as:

Posted Image

But, Ancient Astronaut theory could actually be viewed as having more historical evidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com