Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthias

The Bible (New Mini-Series)

72 posts in this topic

I don't think anyone honestly cares... I hope I'm not wrong

Except for one passage in Isiah where it sas Jesus appearance wasn't such that was disticintive in any way. And that's how it should be. I have zero issue with Jesu being olive skinned or much darker. I also have zero issues with a blue eyed guy playing Jesus.

Isaiah 53 is about Isreal (mainly those exiled in Babylon) not Jesus.

I think you say this implying that the be all end all answer to it racism when that certainly isn't the case

Location and service style are the two biggest factors and it's not even close

guys, with all due respect, don't major in the minors here. when some of the disciples approached Paul about some groups preaching in Jesus' name but weren't part of the original 12 etc, he goes whether with false motives or pure, at least Christ is being preached.

Paul understood the big picture and what was most important. by no means is there anything wrong with understanding the culture of Jesus to get a good picture of him. but what he said and what he did stands paramount to his skin color or the clothes that he wore.

Jesus himself was superb at knowing how to discern not only right and wrong issues, but what is best in handling something. at times, looking at things from a right or wrong lense can paint one into a corner. but looking at it from a what is best perspective can be more productive.

if you want to do some homework and really stir the pot AND make a much more significant impact, let's talk about why we STILL have churches in 2013 that have either just one race or one socio economic background. i'm pretty certain those congregations wouldn't like many of Jesus' sermons on unity and forgiveness and brotherhood.

guys, with all due respect, don't major in the minors here. when some of the disciples approached Paul about some groups preaching in Jesus' name but weren't part of the original 12 etc, he goes whether with false motives or pure, at least Christ is being preached.

Paul understood the big picture and what was most important. by no means is there anything wrong with understanding the culture of Jesus to get a good picture of him. but what he said and what he did stands paramount to his skin color or the clothes that he wore.

And of course Paul wasn't apart of the orginal 12 and never met Jesus. Try reconciling Paul's version in Galatians with what's written in Acts regarding his ministry and what theology is important.

edit: You'll find that the skin on a man's penis mattered a hell of a lot. Some early leaders didn't think they should eat at the same table as an uncircumsied man.

Some folks have reasons for their posts.

Some folks don't.

Funny

So is this thread on the miniseries?

Those angels in Soddom were right out of the movie 300

Oh and It was a little too violent for the wife's liking...I told her I was glad they didn't show everything in the Noah story :)

So is this thread on the miniseries?

Those angels in Soddom were right out of the movie 300

LOL I thought same thing.

Asian Angels = badasses.

I don't care about the series, I'm just bored and want to troll Pstall

:) i make my own fun

and on 8th day the woman trolled pstall and God saw that it was good

• Topics