Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Bible (New Mini-Series)

72 posts in this topic

Posted

Just saw about 5 minutes of this show on History. It's like a shittier version of 300 with fatter main characters and, somehow, worse acting.

Posted

I liked the old 10 Commandments with Charlton Heston better

Posted

Yeah Abraham's story was the best

Posted

so forgive my ignorance on this subject... but what did they do back then? Make guys whip it out to see?

Most poorer and middle class men in Roman towns would have to bathe in public baths.

Posted

My mom was laughing at people on her Facebook whining that it was inaccurate because Abraham and his family were dirty when they were traveling and that was inaccurate and they were trying to make them look like barbarians to discredit Christianity.

Posted

when we gonna watch martin?

Posted

Peter and James were Jews as well and the end of the penis mattered to them. Read Galatians and read Acts then compare.

The Christianity you practice is Paul's religion.

I really try to avoid getting into these topics too much any more, but I wanted to point out that in Acts 15, at the Jerusalem Council, Peter and James defend salvation through faith alone, not through circumcision.

Posted

My mom was laughing at people on her Facebook whining that it was inaccurate because Abraham and his family were dirty when they were traveling and that was inaccurate and they were trying to make them look like barbarians to discredit Christianity.

Tons of barbaric acts in the old Testament. Even in the New. Crucifixion for example is no piece of cake.

Personally, I always wondered how hard it was to talk Abraham into taking Hagar as a substitute. If Hagar looked like she did in the movie, probably not over 1 minutes conversation.

Posted

Now when upset you can hear people yelling "MOOSSSEEESSSSS!!!!!" across the office

Posted

I really try to avoid getting into these topics too much any more, but I wanted to point out that in Acts 15, at the Jerusalem Council, Peter and James defend salvation through faith alone, not through circumcision.

No poo, like I said read Acts and Galatains. The had a different view in Galatians.

Posted

Tons of barbaric acts in the old Testament. Even in the New. Crucifixion for example is no piece of cake.

Personally, I always wondered how hard it was to talk Abraham into taking Hagar as a substitute. If Hagar looked like she did in the movie, probably not over 1 minutes conversation.

Jesus' message isnt as peaceful as everyone tries to proclaim. He speaks of hell more than anyone and lets not forget Jesus said I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

Posted

Jesus' message isnt as peaceful as everyone tries to proclaim. He speaks of hell more than anyone and lets not forget Jesus said I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

He also spoke in parables