I don't think anyone honestly cares... I hope I'm not wrong

#32 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Except for one passage in Isiah where it sas Jesus appearance wasn't such that was disticintive in any way. And that's how it should be. I have zero issue with Jesu being olive skinned or much darker. I also have zero issues with a blue eyed guy playing Jesus.

Isaiah 53 is about Isreal (mainly those exiled in Babylon) not Jesus.

#33 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I think you say this implying that the be all end all answer to it racism when that certainly isn't the case

Location and service style are the two biggest factors and it's not even close

guys, with all due respect, don't major in the minors here. when some of the disciples approached Paul about some groups preaching in Jesus' name but weren't part of the original 12 etc, he goes whether with false motives or pure, at least Christ is being preached.

Paul understood the big picture and what was most important. by no means is there anything wrong with understanding the culture of Jesus to get a good picture of him. but what he said and what he did stands paramount to his skin color or the clothes that he wore.

Jesus himself was superb at knowing how to discern not only right and wrong issues, but what is best in handling something. at times, looking at things from a right or wrong lense can paint one into a corner. but looking at it from a what is best perspective can be more productive.

if you want to do some homework and really stir the pot AND make a much more significant impact, let's talk about why we STILL have churches in 2013 that have either just one race or one socio economic background. i'm pretty certain those congregations wouldn't like many of Jesus' sermons on unity and forgiveness and brotherhood.

#34 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

guys, with all due respect, don't major in the minors here. when some of the disciples approached Paul about some groups preaching in Jesus' name but weren't part of the original 12 etc, he goes whether with false motives or pure, at least Christ is being preached.

Paul understood the big picture and what was most important. by no means is there anything wrong with understanding the culture of Jesus to get a good picture of him. but what he said and what he did stands paramount to his skin color or the clothes that he wore.

And of course Paul wasn't apart of the orginal 12 and never met Jesus. Try reconciling Paul's version in Galatians with what's written in Acts regarding his ministry and what theology is important.

edit: You'll find that the skin on a man's penis mattered a hell of a lot. Some early leaders didn't think they should eat at the same table as an uncircumsied man.

#35 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Some folks have reasons for their posts.
Some folks don't.
Funny

#36 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,334 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

So is this thread on the miniseries?

Those angels in Soddom were right out of the movie 300

#37 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,334 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

Oh and It was a little too violent for the wife's liking...I told her I was glad they didn't show everything in the Noah story :)

#38 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

So is this thread on the miniseries?

Those angels in Soddom were right out of the movie 300

LOL I thought same thing.
Asian Angels = badasses.

#39 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

I don't care about the series, I'm just bored and want to troll Pstall

:) i make my own fun

#40 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,334 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

and on 8th day the woman trolled pstall and God saw that it was good

#41 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

And of course Paul wasn't apart of the orginal 12 and never met Jesus. Try reconciling Paul's version in Galatians with what's written in Acts regarding his ministry and what theology is important.

edit: You'll find that the skin on a man's penis mattered a hell of a lot. Some early leaders didn't think they should eat at the same table as an uncircumsied man.

Paul was a "Jews Jew" who know first hand the old covenant. Most of his teachings however were to transition to the new covenant where there was no male or female, Greek nor Jew, etc. Old traditions had just gone out the window.

Skin color included. The end of the penis was no longer important, spiritually speaking.

#42 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Paul was a "Jews Jew" who know first hand the old covenant. Most of his teachings however were to transition to the new covenant where there was no male or female, Greek nor Jew, etc. Old traditions had just gone out the window.

Skin color included. The end of the penis was no longer important, spiritually speaking.

Peter and James were Jews as well and the end of the penis mattered to them. Read Galatians and read Acts then compare.

The Christianity you practice is Paul's religion.

#43 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,334 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Oh The pharaoh made me lols

MOSES!!!!!

NOO!!!!!!!

#44 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,986 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Peter and James were Jews as well and the end of the penis mattered to them. Read Galatians and read Acts then compare.

The Christianity you practice is Paul's religion.

so forgive my ignorance on this subject... but what did they do back then? Make guys whip it out to see?

#45 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

so forgive my ignorance on this subject... but what did they do back then? Make guys whip it out to see?

Lol i know right!

I mean if Paul's version didn't win out, how would I go about determining who I could have "table fellowship with" (they thought it was wrong to eat with someone not circumcised).

But back then it was easier to know because Jews were typically circumcised (despite a breif ban on circumcision during Helenistic times) and non jews weren't (for the most part)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com