• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#46 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

After watching the first part of the series last night. It's pretty much what I expected. It also seems in spite of all the Christian advisors for this project, the series didn't focus too much on the doctrine side of the Bible. The main emphasis is on the history of Israel, going through all the patriarchs and their stories. Like I said before, wasn't a whole lot of focus on accuracy either. It was a little entertaining.

#47 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Oh The pharaoh made me lols

MOSES!!!!!

NOO!!!!!!!

Moses should have said, "Man, you're straight out of a comic book"!

#48 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,193 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Isaiah 53 is referring to Jesus' appereance.

I mention Paul because of him saying what is most important when it comes to the gospel. Whether if someone is preaching thru false motives or pure, as long as Christ is preached.

Has nothing to do with one book or another being reconciled.

#49 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Just saw about 5 minutes of this show on History. It's like a shittier version of 300 with fatter main characters and, somehow, worse acting.

#50 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

I liked the old 10 Commandments with Charlton Heston better

#51 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Yeah Abraham's story was the best

#52 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,549 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

so forgive my ignorance on this subject... but what did they do back then? Make guys whip it out to see?

Most poorer and middle class men in Roman towns would have to bathe in public baths.

#53 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,682 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

My mom was laughing at people on her Facebook whining that it was inaccurate because Abraham and his family were dirty when they were traveling and that was inaccurate and they were trying to make them look like barbarians to discredit Christianity.

#54 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

when we gonna watch martin?

#55 Ccat

Ccat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Peter and James were Jews as well and the end of the penis mattered to them. Read Galatians and read Acts then compare.

The Christianity you practice is Paul's religion.

I really try to avoid getting into these topics too much any more, but I wanted to point out that in Acts 15, at the Jerusalem Council, Peter and James defend salvation through faith alone, not through circumcision.

#56 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

My mom was laughing at people on her Facebook whining that it was inaccurate because Abraham and his family were dirty when they were traveling and that was inaccurate and they were trying to make them look like barbarians to discredit Christianity.

Tons of barbaric acts in the old Testament. Even in the New. Crucifixion for example is no piece of cake.

Personally, I always wondered how hard it was to talk Abraham into taking Hagar as a substitute. If Hagar looked like she did in the movie, probably not over 1 minutes conversation.

#57 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Now when upset you can hear people yelling "MOOSSSEEESSSSS!!!!!" across the office

#58 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,532 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

I really try to avoid getting into these topics too much any more, but I wanted to point out that in Acts 15, at the Jerusalem Council, Peter and James defend salvation through faith alone, not through circumcision.

No poo, like I said read Acts and Galatains. The had a different view in Galatians.

#59 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,532 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Tons of barbaric acts in the old Testament. Even in the New. Crucifixion for example is no piece of cake.

Personally, I always wondered how hard it was to talk Abraham into taking Hagar as a substitute. If Hagar looked like she did in the movie, probably not over 1 minutes conversation.

Jesus' message isnt as peaceful as everyone tries to proclaim. He speaks of hell more than anyone and lets not forget Jesus said I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

#60 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Jesus' message isnt as peaceful as everyone tries to proclaim. He speaks of hell more than anyone and lets not forget Jesus said I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

He also spoke in parables

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com