• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Ccat

Ccat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

No poo, like I said read Acts and Galatains. The had a different view in Galatians.

Are you referring to Galatations chapter 2? That happened after the Council of Jerusalem. During the Council of Jerusalem, Peter had expressed his view in salvation by grace through faith alone, then afterwards began to withdraw and showed signs of changing his practice of eating with the Gentiles, etc. However Paul rebuked him for it, and evidently, Peter repented.

So I'm not sure, what your point is.

#62 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

He also spoke in parables

So did Yoda...

#63 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Are you referring to Galatations chapter 2? That happened after the Council of Jerusalem. During the Council of Jerusalem, Peter had expressed his view in salvation by grace through faith alone, then afterwards began to withdraw and showed signs of changing his practice of eating with the Gentiles, etc. However Paul rebuked him for it, and evidently, Peter repented.

I'm more interested in the Council of Nicaea...

#64 Ccat

Ccat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm more interested in the Council of Nicaea...

I'm not sure how you expect me to respond, since that was not the topic I was commenting on.

#65 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Evidently?...I really don't feel like making out a timeline, if you care you would read the two stories of Paul's ministry and contrast. How many times did Paul go to Jerusalem and meet with the apostles in Acts? How many in Galatians? How was their doctrine agreed upon? Did they all agree on the doctrine before they went out and ministered or were they teaching different doctrines?(who's doctrine wins out and why?)

Step out of 2013, read the text in context (like a historian) and it's a completely different experience than reading it as a believer in 2013 trying to find some kind of spiritual message.

#66 Ccat

Ccat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Evidently?...I really don't feel like making out a timeline, if you care you would read the two stories of Paul's ministry and contrast. How many times did Paul go to Jerusalem and meet with the apostles in Acts? How many in Galatians? How was their doctrine agreed upon? Did they all agree on the doctrine before they went out and ministered or were they teaching different doctrines?(who's doctrine wins out and why?)

Step out of 2013, read the text in context (like a historian) and it's a completely different experience than reading it as a believer in 2013 trying to find some kind of spiritual message.

I understand we disagree, which is why I avoid these conversations usually. As far as reading it in context, that's exactly what I do. I don't just sit down and read the Bible, I read historical notes, I study the culture of the time, I research the original Greek and Hebrew of words, etc. So your assumption that I just read in 2013 looking for a spiritual message is a wrong assumption.

#67 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,298 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Regarding the miniseries, I tried to watch it, but its fairly boring. The History Channel did a much better job with the Hatfields and Mccoys.

#68 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,282 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Yep, after the first episode, I will pass on the rest

#69 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

I watched an episode...it made the silly stories in the bible seem even more silly.

#70 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,090 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

turns out recently-deciphered coptic texts from ancient egypt show that jesus was a shape-shifter

interesting as hell

#71 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

Lots of good stories in the bible that should translate into good TV. Not much different than any other works of fiction, other than the whole thing where people believe it as fact.

#72 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Why is the Satan looking familiar? I can't quite put my finger on it...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com