Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To all white Christians and Jews

143 posts in this topic

Posted

I will help you, before you embarrass yourself.

Thanks I am exceptionally skilled at that.

I agree with you that we don't know what he looked like. Probably because there has never been such a person.

Posted

i always laugh at people who will spend a good amount on time on stuff/people that didn't exist. why it reminds me of that santa clause thread just the other day. ya see it all started when a fat guy who loved snow was scorned by a chimpanzee named Horatio...

Posted

i always laugh at people who will spend a good amount on time on stuff/people that didn't exist. why it reminds me of that santa clause thread just the other day. ya see it all started when a fat guy who loved snow was scorned by a chimpanzee named Horatio...

I completely relate to what you are getting at but at the same time I can never resist a good fantasy novel. You get me?

Posted

well kral. im kinda busting your chops. if you don't believe, why bother?

Posted

Simple. I like to see why other people do. I want to see their reasoning behind it. Much of the time it is repetitive. Sometimes not and those times are rewarding.

Posted

i can live with that.

Posted

this line of thinking falls apart if you're at all engaged in the political process. when people use their religion to codify discriminatory practices into law, it is silly to just shrug your shoulders and say "eh why bother"

1 person likes this

Posted

for the political fulcrum, sure, I get that. i'm talking in terms of the tinderbox.

Posted

^one in the same

Posted

I contend that it is done out of taste. Or rather sympathy for the believers. Find evidence of Jesus having existed. It is challenging.

i don't think sympathy for christians is a consideration of very many scholars (and nor should it be.) i'm not sure i buy that explanation

Posted

When the flames are heating you up, remember tonight, big man.

yay god and jesus and love and stuff

Posted

i don't think sympathy for christians is a consideration of very many scholars (and nor should it be.) i'm not sure i buy that explanation

The best are one and the same.