Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To all white Christians and Jews

143 posts in this topic

Posted

Ya mean Jesus wasn't an Earnhardt fan?

Ahh the things that grind peoples gears. The movies is the correctz portryal of za bible.

Enjoy the bitter vitriol buffet fellas. I'll pass on the stupid salad and enjoy my day and see what my Charlton Heston Jesus wants to do.

Good to know there are people out there who don't stereotype other people then start a thread about them.

Posted

Agreed. How Jesus looks throughout the ages in paintings, etc., was never the point.

Posted

A lot of Christians translate scripture to their interpretation so they can use it the way they want.

Just like how all of the pictures of Jesus, Noah, Moses, Kane, Abel, and anyone else that lived in the ancient Middle East is portrayed as white.

Iirc Jesus began to be portrayed as white when the Catholic Church was showing off the image to other Romans as well as Vikings that they wanted to testify to.

Agreed. How Jesus looks throughout the ages in paintings, etc., was never the point.

So we can agree that it has been done wrongly. Religion is a strong part of how one describes hisself. So i wonder would making it more accurate cause people to cease being Christians? Would a black moses turn a Jewish man into an unorthodox. If we have really come so far so many keep saying why is this still the same. You would think that the truly devout would be more concerned with honoring the true people in the story as opposed to satisfying their own comfort level.

Posted

This thread is worse than Kilgos

Posted

First of all there is no reason to think that Jesus even existed in the first place.

If Jesus were omnipotent he would be able to appear as whatever he wished and it could be a different appearance for each observer.

Posted

Okay, let's play.

Let's go one step further and talk about the DNA that Jesus had? Jewish? How so? Asian, Black, White?

Why? Does a "surrogate" mother child look like her?

So your point is that... yhwh is white?

Posted

So your point is that... yhwh is white?

I think mine was a question.

Posted

First of all there is no reason to think that Jesus even existed in the first place.

it's difficult to find scholars who believe jesus never existed. his historicity is constantly challenged but very rarely his existence

Posted

it's difficult to find scholars who believe jesus never existed. his historicity is constantly challenged but very rarely his existence

That's because most concede that it's completely possible that a man named Jesus (or a man that Jesus of the bible is based on) existed. Sure, I can concede that Jesus existed. However, the stories in the bible require evidence. They make claims that absolutely require it.

There is no contemporary record of the existence of Jesus. Nothing outside of the Bible that points to it. No accounts, no birth/death record, nothing. No writings from him. Nothing. But, it's sort of silly to try to argue that he didn't exist. His existence doesn't validate the bible's claims. That's why scholars don't really care about his existence as much as support for the claims made about him.

Posted

I really didn't want this to devolve into a debate about the existence of Jesus or the validaty of the Judeo-Christian faith. If you dont believe you can not answer the question posed in the OP. So what do you really have to contribute? This is to no one in particular just trying to stem the tide.

Posted

Ever listened to RC Sproul's Apologetics series on Youtube? Pretty interesting. Pretty detailed and lengthy howeveer.

Posted

Ever listened to RC Sproul's Apologetics series on Youtube? Pretty interesting. Pretty detailed and lengthy howeveer.

no, though i am familiar with sproul. i've spent vast amounts of time studying apologetics... does he depart from the standard set by guys like strobel/mcdowell/kreeft in any way? what does he offer that's new?