Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To all white Christians and Jews

143 posts in this topic

Posted

While your comment is ridiculous, its nice to know that you acknowledge that they were not white. Does this knowledge make them any less magnificent?

Posted

Who cares...

and how many here commenting aren't even Christians or Jewish.

Posted

While your comment is ridiculous, its nice to know that you acknowledge that they were not white. Does this knowledge make them any less magnificent?

Huh?

Posted

Who cares...

and how many here commenting aren't even Christians or Jewish.

It's the tinderbox... Probably everyone of them except for like 5 people that visit this part of the site.

Posted

religion thread AND a race thread at that.

frankly, I don't care if Jesus was purple, it has little bearing on his life.

He walked on water, I guess he could also be purple.

Posted

Blacks did not create the racial divide in western society, so dont blame me for pointing out that there is one. I am not blaming you for there being one (I am assuming that you are white, if I am mistaken I apologize. Not that there is anything wrong with being white or anything) But there is a divide. It is common practice for western society to "whitewash" history. This is incredibly arrogant and insulting thing to say the least, but it is downright blasphemous to do it in religion. So why would honest, God-Fearing Christians stand for it? Well likely because they dont know any better. Thats understandable but when you hear the truth try and approach it rationally.

Middle Easterners. Todays middle easterners run a gamet of racial ancestry. There was major colonization by Europe over the past 500+ years and colonization by the Romans for a thousand years before that. 1500 years has some effect on skin tone wouldn't you say? So no modern middle easterner can rightly say that they resemble their ancestors before that colonization. It is no different than a Black American who finds out they have more European blood than African. The Human Genome mapping that is going own has found a lot of cases like that.

post-11341-0-70211500-1362418450_thumb.j

But I am pretty sure he is not going to play the role of King Arthur in a movie though right? And also in America it seems that there is no difference between this black post-11341-0-62843000-1362418516_thumb.j and this blackpost-11341-0-36223000-1362418536_thumb.j until we talk about the Egyptians.

Saying he is "middle eastern" is a way of not admitting that he was "black" If a man was that same complexion in America there would be no distinction. In surveys or job interviews he would simply be black.

Posted

Once again, and for the last time, what do you think he looked like and why?

Posted

Blacks did not create the racial divide in western society, so dont blame me for pointing out that there is one. I am not blaming you for there being one (I am assuming that you are white, if I am mistaken I apologize. Not that there is anything wrong with being white or anything) But there is a divide. It is common practice for western society to "whitewash" history. This is incredibly arrogant and insulting thing to say the least, but it is downright blasphemous to do it in religion. So why would honest, God-Fearing Christians stand for it? Well likely because they dont know any better. Thats understandable but when you hear the truth try and approach it rationally.

Middle Easterners. Todays middle easterners run a gamet of racial ancestry. There was major colonization by Europe over the past 500+ years and colonization by the Romans for a thousand years before that. 1500 years has some effect on skin tone wouldn't you say? So no modern middle easterner can rightly say that they resemble their ancestors before that colonization. It is no different than a Black American who finds out they have more European blood than African. The Human Genome mapping that is going own has found a lot of cases like that.

post-11341-0-70211500-1362418450_thumb.j

But I am pretty sure he is not going to play the role of King Arthur in a movie though right? And also in America it seems that there is no difference between this black post-11341-0-62843000-1362418516_thumb.j and this blackpost-11341-0-36223000-1362418536_thumb.j until we talk about the Egyptians.

Saying he is "middle eastern" is a way of not admitting that he was "black" If a man was that same complexion in America there would be no distinction. In surveys or job interviews he would simply be black.

I am actually kind of insulted that you found my last post regarding your question in the OP "ridiculous." I don't get what you're trying to prove.

I said "of middle eastern origination." Not, "he'd look like a modern day middle easterner." I just know he would have dark features.

And you are making some huge generalizations here as well. No, not everyone views a drop of black blood as being all-black in America. The majority yes, but not all. Nowhere near. Race is an arbitrary thing to me, so I don't assume any one is one race or another, we are all the same. In all honesty, as your pictures pointed out, we are all "mixed" to some degree. But, if someone/something demands an answer, then you have to make an effort to oblige.

I have always known Jesus to be of a Jewish descent in the flesh. So, as I said, he would have dark features. How dark? I don't know, but he wasn't white and most likely wasn't black per se, but somewhere in between.

Posted

Obviously, jesus wanted us to know that the color of your skin is the most important feature of your existence. Not your message, content of character, or whats in your heart and soul. Nope, just the color of your skin. And thats whats gonna impeed us from the future. Not the economy, beliefs, firearms or gay marriage. The fact that people are too stupid to celebrate thier differences.

Posted

I would love to see a middle eastern man with a dark complexion play Jesus. I truly believe if that happened (also have most of the cast with the same skin tone and facial features), most Christians would have a hard time watching it. Because most Christians have a traditional western view of Jesus. If they saw an actor who portrays Jesus as He would have looked, I bet you the first thought that would cross many minds is 'Jesus wasn't muslim". I could almost guarantee that.

Posted

People making fun of the idea that something as silly as the color of the skin matters yet they think something as silly as belief matters. "Who cares about one's actions, it's belief that matters. You can be the kindess, most generious person on the planet but if you don't believe Jesus is god you're damned."

Too funny

Posted

Jesus was Asian !!

I dont know if you are joking or not, but to me it is obvious that Jesus' teachings were strongly influenced by Buddhism.