#137 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Many of your "scientific" theories are a much bigger stretch than religeous ones. Hey check this out.

http://www.theroot.c...c=root_lightbox

I guess that'd let the white folk off of making good on the 40 acres and a mule.

1) why did you put scientific in quotes
2) what scientific theories are a bigger stretch than which religious ones?
3) what does that link have to do with christian vs non-christian scholars
4) why can you not follow a linear thought
5) why can you not answer simple questions

i honestly don't understand where you're coming from on anything you say, probably because your responses are literally "well i guess you'll see i'm right once all the flames of HELL are burning off your SKIN oh and because its HELL none of your endorphins will kick in and its gonna HURT really BAD."

please, if you're going to contribute to these types of discussions, do so with the goal of expressing your opinion outside of the framework that anyone who doesn't automatically agree with you is a moron. maybe you'll teach us something, or maybe you'll find you have a thing or two to learn.

#138 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

you are having a tough time keeping up.

I will help you, before you embarrass yourself.

I asked about DNA, I asked about what the OP thought Jesus would look like. Nobody had an answer until the OP finally let us in on the fact that Jesus was black. My point was that we probably don't know.

Not sure at all why the OP thinks Jesus was black. According to the Bible, he was born King of the Jews, but, he did not share any DNA with his mom or Joseph.
So, that is why I was asking what they thought he looked like. If I had to guess, I would guess that he looked Jewish, but again, that is just a guess.

I dont want to feel like I am attacking you. There are plenty of people here attacking Christianity and it is bothering me enough, so I dont want to put down the few people in this topic who actually believe. But anyway...

I never made any claim as to what Jesus looked like. That was purposeful. I spoke about the Hebrew/Israelites as a whole which was also purposeful. I have already explained why I dont think it prudent to portray Jesus at all, not because it may or may not be accurate, but because we are taught not to worship trinkets or idols and that would include images because the image becomes the god. People begin to attribute special powers to images, and crosses and use them as bludgeons against their enemies. Now my reasoning for the skin color of the Hebrew/Israelites has already been stated and stated very well so I will not restate it.

The original question was whether or not people would feel the same about Bible characters portrayed as Black as they do about them being portrayed as White. All the the racism and hate that followed was not brought in here by me, but it speaks very strongly to the minds of the people in the forum.

I believe I got my answer.

#139 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

1) why did you put scientific in quotes
2) what scientific theories are a bigger stretch than which religious ones?
3) what does that link have to do with christian vs non-christian scholars
4) why can you not follow a linear thought
5) why can you not answer simple questions

i honestly don't understand where you're coming from on anything you say, probably because your responses are literally "well i guess you'll see i'm right once all the flames of HELL are burning off your SKIN oh and because its HELL none of your endorphins will kick in and its gonna HURT really BAD."

please, if you're going to contribute to these types of discussions, do so with the goal of expressing your opinion outside of the framework that anyone who doesn't automatically agree with you is a moron. maybe you'll teach us something, or maybe you'll find you have a thing or two to learn.

I realize it is sometimes difficult to keep up with complex conversation. Just lay back and listen, study when you can, you will catch on.

#140 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,428 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Sorry, no offense, but it was hard to know what you were after. With all your pictures and such, looked like you were proclaiming him to be black. I don't care which or what you were after, never disputed it, just said that it is up in the air as to what he looked like but figure he looked like other Jews (whatever color that was) and that does not matter

#141 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

I realize it is sometimes difficult to keep up with complex conversation. Just lay back and listen, study when you can, you will catch on.

longtriad is my new favorite poster...

...said nobody ever

#142 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,252 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

ok now it's clear you're a master troll and you're not serious about anything you say

#143 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

ok now it's clear you're a master troll and you're not serious about anything you say

See.....see? That's why I hate teaching you guys. Always with the disrespectful, off the wall comments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.