142 replies to this topic

#61 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

While your comment is ridiculous, its nice to know that you acknowledge that they were not white. Does this knowledge make them any less magnificent?

#62 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

Who cares...

and how many here commenting aren't even Christians or Jewish.

#63 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,826 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

While your comment is ridiculous, its nice to know that you acknowledge that they were not white. Does this knowledge make them any less magnificent?

Huh?

#64 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,826 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Who cares...

and how many here commenting aren't even Christians or Jewish.

It's the tinderbox... Probably everyone of them except for like 5 people that visit this part of the site.

#65 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

religion thread AND a race thread at that.

frankly, I don't care if Jesus was purple, it has little bearing on his life.

He walked on water, I guess he could also be purple.

#66 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Blacks did not create the racial divide in western society, so dont blame me for pointing out that there is one. I am not blaming you for there being one (I am assuming that you are white, if I am mistaken I apologize. Not that there is anything wrong with being white or anything) But there is a divide. It is common practice for western society to "whitewash" history. This is incredibly arrogant and insulting thing to say the least, but it is downright blasphemous to do it in religion. So why would honest, God-Fearing Christians stand for it? Well likely because they dont know any better. Thats understandable but when you hear the truth try and approach it rationally.

Middle Easterners. Todays middle easterners run a gamet of racial ancestry. There was major colonization by Europe over the past 500+ years and colonization by the Romans for a thousand years before that. 1500 years has some effect on skin tone wouldn't you say? So no modern middle easterner can rightly say that they resemble their ancestors before that colonization. It is no different than a Black American who finds out they have more European blood than African. The Human Genome mapping that is going own has found a lot of cases like that.

Attached File  M158marker.jpg   103.26K   2 downloads

But I am pretty sure he is not going to play the role of King Arthur in a movie though right? And also in America it seems that there is no difference between this black Attached File  african-american-woman1.jpg   98.94K   2 downloads and this blackAttached File  Lauren Hill.jpg   6.98K   0 downloads until we talk about the Egyptians.

Saying he is "middle eastern" is a way of not admitting that he was "black" If a man was that same complexion in America there would be no distinction. In surveys or job interviews he would simply be black.

#67 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,450 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Once again, and for the last time, what do you think he looked like and why?

#68 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,826 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Blacks did not create the racial divide in western society, so dont blame me for pointing out that there is one. I am not blaming you for there being one (I am assuming that you are white, if I am mistaken I apologize. Not that there is anything wrong with being white or anything) But there is a divide. It is common practice for western society to "whitewash" history. This is incredibly arrogant and insulting thing to say the least, but it is downright blasphemous to do it in religion. So why would honest, God-Fearing Christians stand for it? Well likely because they dont know any better. Thats understandable but when you hear the truth try and approach it rationally.

Middle Easterners. Todays middle easterners run a gamet of racial ancestry. There was major colonization by Europe over the past 500+ years and colonization by the Romans for a thousand years before that. 1500 years has some effect on skin tone wouldn't you say? So no modern middle easterner can rightly say that they resemble their ancestors before that colonization. It is no different than a Black American who finds out they have more European blood than African. The Human Genome mapping that is going own has found a lot of cases like that.

Attached File  M158marker.jpg   103.26K   2 downloads

But I am pretty sure he is not going to play the role of King Arthur in a movie though right? And also in America it seems that there is no difference between this black Attached File  african-american-woman1.jpg   98.94K   2 downloads and this blackAttached File  Lauren Hill.jpg   6.98K   0 downloads until we talk about the Egyptians.

Saying he is "middle eastern" is a way of not admitting that he was "black" If a man was that same complexion in America there would be no distinction. In surveys or job interviews he would simply be black.

I am actually kind of insulted that you found my last post regarding your question in the OP "ridiculous." I don't get what you're trying to prove.

I said "of middle eastern origination." Not, "he'd look like a modern day middle easterner." I just know he would have dark features.

And you are making some huge generalizations here as well. No, not everyone views a drop of black blood as being all-black in America. The majority yes, but not all. Nowhere near. Race is an arbitrary thing to me, so I don't assume any one is one race or another, we are all the same. In all honesty, as your pictures pointed out, we are all "mixed" to some degree. But, if someone/something demands an answer, then you have to make an effort to oblige.

I have always known Jesus to be of a Jewish descent in the flesh. So, as I said, he would have dark features. How dark? I don't know, but he wasn't white and most likely wasn't black per se, but somewhere in between.

#69 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Obviously, jesus wanted us to know that the color of your skin is the most important feature of your existence. Not your message, content of character, or whats in your heart and soul. Nope, just the color of your skin. And thats whats gonna impeed us from the future. Not the economy, beliefs, firearms or gay marriage. The fact that people are too stupid to celebrate thier differences.

#70 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

I would love to see a middle eastern man with a dark complexion play Jesus. I truly believe if that happened (also have most of the cast with the same skin tone and facial features), most Christians would have a hard time watching it. Because most Christians have a traditional western view of Jesus. If they saw an actor who portrays Jesus as He would have looked, I bet you the first thought that would cross many minds is 'Jesus wasn't muslim". I could almost guarantee that.

#71 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

People making fun of the idea that something as silly as the color of the skin matters yet they think something as silly as belief matters. "Who cares about one's actions, it's belief that matters. You can be the kindess, most generious person on the planet but if you don't believe Jesus is god you're damned."

Too funny

#72 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Jesus was Asian !!

I dont know if you are joking or not, but to me it is obvious that Jesus' teachings were strongly influenced by Buddhism.

#73 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

What a weird thread this is.

#74 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Middle Easterners. Toda

Get over it. That is the only thing that will end racism. Things only improved for white people after they got over their enslavement.

#75 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

I like how it is always acceptable for people to get douchey and mock people's religious beliefs and use derogatory language towards religious types on here, but anything outside of religion (women, gays, etc.) makes you a bigot.

Comparing mocking religion (a set of ideas to explain the universe, what happens after death, and the meaning of life) to mocking minorities of people is laughable. I mock bad ideas. I do not mock people. I do not mock religious people. I mock the religion. If they cannot separate themselves and see the difference, that is their problem. Now, I realize you were not talking directly to me, and if somebody is calling a religious person an unwarranted name based on their religion, sure, that's bigoted. However, I haven't seen that in this thread (if it happened, I just missed it).

You can talk all day and show how well-versed you are in "history," of which accounts were also written by men, but how do you fill in the gaps? When science has yet to explain something, what is your answer? Coincidence? LOL.

History is written by the victors. It's hard to be precisely accurate on EVERY detail, but most of what we know about the history of man is at least somewhat (if not very well) supported by evidence. When science has yet to explain something, the answer is "we don't know". I challenge you to think of a SINGLE thing that once had a scientific answer, but for now, the best answer is a religious one.

To haphazardly assume that you have all the answers of this universe with your insignificant brain within the vast scope of it is purely ignorance at its finest.

Pot meet kettle. Except, and I'm extrapolating from your words here, when somebody calls a religious person ignorant for "haphazardly assuming they have all the answers of the universe with their insignificant brain", we're apparently being mean/bigots?

And yet, what is even more ignorant is to speak in scientific terms about something that is supernatural. Evidence, "blind faith," historical records, or whatever else... If you have not experienced something that is supernatural, how can you accurately speak on such? You are talking out of place and from an ill informed perspective. When one has experienced something that is supernatural and know that it is God, and then is able to link that supernatural experience with something that is "known" in historical or scientific accounts, how can you try to explain away what they know, when you haven't had the same experience?

Prove the "supernatural" exists. If "supernatural" has to do with just personal experiences, then it cannot be reported as something that is universally true. Personal experiences only matter to the person who it happens to. If they choose to believe that experience to be real and true, fine. The SECOND they start reporting that what they have gathered from their personal experience is universal truth and reality, they bear the burden of proof. Sorry, that's just how it works. Either keep it to yourself and believe whatever you want on a personal note, or spout it out trying to convince people and be challenged to prove it. If there was ever ANY shred of evidence that points, conclusively, to any single supernatural entity or group of entities, then certainly one of the billions of people who had these experiences would have brought it forward and claimed their millions of dollars. Again, if somebody holds an experience as validation for their own personal, privately held belief, I have no qualms. If they want others to believe it, they either need to show evidence or STFU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.