55 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Has anyone ever, in there life, bought a car on the first offer they come to you with? The intial cost went down 180.00 a month by the time we were done, is that not insane??????

#2 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,293 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Has anyone ever, in there life, bought a car on the first offer they come to you with? The intial cost went down 180.00 a month by the time we were done, is that not insane??????

That's how u do it. I went to buy a car and a salesman said my estimate monthly payment is $510. I said no way... I can only afford $320. He was like ok... Let's see what I can do. He ended up dropping 3k on a new car and I was trading in my old car in. They overvalue my old car big time. CarMax offered me $1,000 for my old car and they gave me $4,000. He also asked me for $1,500 cash but deferred my payments 3 months. So after everything we agreed to $341.

#3 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

I've only used dealer financing once, and that's because it was ridiculously low interest. My payments were just north of $200 a month. Any other times, I've used bank or credit union financing. The last vehicle I bought from a dealer, I talked $4100 off the original price ($18600 to $14500) After negotiating with their finance department for a while, I gave my trusty old financial institution a call. The best the dealership could offer was 5ish % APR and $330ish a month. The ended up with 3.85% and $256 a month and a smaller down payment. I had to pay like 6 more months of payments and had to wait a few more hours at the dealership, but was well worth it.

#4 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

Yeah the rate i got was not that great, but not terrible. I had a few credit issues a few years back because i let a friend poo on me for some rent money. That put me a little behind for awhile. I should be clear of that in about a year, but wanted to get in to something new before i had any major problems with my unwarrantied car. You best believe i will be going to a credit uniĆ³n in about a year to refinance. The good news was they dropped the price way below sticker and up the value on my trade about 1,500 bucks when everything was done because i was adament about the rate being too high. After the refinance i should be a good bit below what i wanted to be paying a month to begin with. Crazy how long it took though. Four years ago i went to a second hand dealer and i swear it was like an hr process tops.

#5 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,293 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

I got 0% financing. :cool:

#6 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Used cars are the only way to go for me.

#7 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

If their first offer was the same payment you finally agreed on would you have said yes on their first offer?

#8 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,563 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

I did it once because the specific car I wanted was only available at one dealership in the US, the next one like it was not comong for another couple of months, and I had to travel to Rhode Island to get it which took a week to plan.

#9 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

I did it once because the specific car I wanted was only available at one dealership in the US, the next one like it was not comong for another couple of months, and I had to travel to Rhode Island to get it which took a week to plan.

Well lahh dee dah

#10 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

If their first offer was the same payment you finally agreed on would you have said yes on their first offer?

If it was reasonable, then absolutely. I would have paid a little bit more then I did. I had a duke game to catch lol

#11 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

so, what did you buy?

#12 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,145 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

That's how u do it. I went to buy a car and a salesman said my estimate monthly payment is $510. I said no way... I can only afford $320. He was like ok... Let's see what I can do. He ended up dropping 3k on a new car and I was trading in my old car in. They overvalue my old car big time. CarMax offered me $1,000 for my old car and they gave me $4,000. He also asked me for $1,500 cash but deferred my payments 3 months. So after everything we agreed to $341.

They can show you $4k for your car because they are just moving a little from column a over to column b.

#13 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,190 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

They can show you $4k for your car because they are just moving a little from column a over to column b.

Exactly.

Never answer their question about what payment you want.

The only things that matter is price for the car...price for trade-in....and the rate they give you.

Look at each individually up front. They like to play shell games the minutes monthly payment is the goal.

Often you get too caught up with payment and end up with a 6-7 year financing instead if 5....common way they get your payment down.

#14 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

What did you buy?

Please don't say a Kia or a Hyandai........

#15 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

A 13 hyundai genesis coupe. & yeah always focus on the bottom line first. Just the first thing he came back with was the monthly with no apr to be found and no actual value on the loan. It was laughable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com