Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was disappointed to read that Gettleman...

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Montsta' timestamp='1362344923' post='2150312']
If you have to end your thread title with an [color=#ff0000][b]elypsis[/b][/color] in order to draw up some intrigue so people click on it, you should take that as an indicator that the thread is not worth starting.
[/quote]

[b][color=#3399ff]Close-[/color][/b]

[color=#ff0000][u][b]Ellipsis[/b][/u][/color][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3] (plural [/size][/font][/color][b]ellipses[/b][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]; from the [/size][/font][/color][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek"]Ancient Greek[/url][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]: [/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]ἔλλειψις[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3], [/size][/font][/color][i]élleipsis[/i][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3], "omission" or "[/size][/font][/color][url="http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ellipsis"]falling short[/url][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]") is a series of dots that usually indicate an intentional omission of a word, sentence or whole section from the original text being quoted, and though necessary for syntactical construction, is not necessary for comprehension.[/size][/font][/color][sup][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis#cite_note-1"][1][/url][/sup][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3] Ellipses can also be used to indicate an unfinished thought or, at the end of a sentence, a trailing off into silence ([/size][/font][/color][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aposiopesis"]aposiopesis[/url][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]), example: "But I thought he was [/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]. . .".[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3] When placed at the beginning or end of a sentence, the ellipsis can also inspire a feeling of melancholy or longing. The ellipsis calls for a slight pause in speech or any form of text, and can be used to suggest a tense or awkward momentary silence.[/size][/font][/color]
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Montsta' timestamp='1362344923' post='2150312']
If you have to end your thread title with an elypsis in order to draw up some intrigue so people click on it, you should take that as an indicator that the thread is not worth starting.
[/quote]

[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler] ... [/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Posted · Report post

He forgot his ensure

Posted · Report post

some of you guys are complete shitheads. this thread isn't anything to get angry over.

herp derp wut is analytic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='GRWatcher' timestamp='1362341683' post='2150286']
How do you know he didn't attend a previous coference as part of the Giants staff? They've held it since 2007. wtf
[/quote]

Since 2007, eh? I wonder if this conference was the inspiration behind Spygate...

:lol:

Posted · Report post

I was disappointed to read this thread.

Posted · Report post

It's an industry conference. The teams with the best analytics and metrics have developed their own models and databases. Gettlemen could probably lead the conference.

If you have truly great information you don't hold an open conference you sell proprietary stuff for huge dollars.

Posted · Report post

I believe in pancakes...mostly chocolate, sometimes blueberry, never plain

and black coffee....smooth, piping hot black java from the mountains of Columbia

Posted · Report post

You're disappointed? Dude... maybe you need to reevaluate the things that you consider important.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Fiz' timestamp='1362341851' post='2150289']
[b]Football Analytics[/b]
[color=#111111][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(219, 232, 245)]My second favorite panel of the event... (moderated by Andrea Kramer)[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

OK, this is all I needed to know about whether this conference was important or not.

What a relief. :lol:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Happy Panther' timestamp='1362355592' post='2150398']
It's an industry conference. The teams with the best analytics and metrics have developed their own models and databases. Gettlemen could probably lead the conference.

If you have truly great information you don't hold an open conference you sell proprietary stuff for huge dollars.
[/quote]pretty much what i was thinking. gettleman will be teaching this staff more about analytics than they could ever learn at this conference.

Posted · Report post

This Gettleman guy is the Godfather...enough said.