Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad day for female kicker hopeful Silberman

92 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheRed' timestamp='1362364095' post='2150503']

Yeah who wants to see any women, minorities, or gays accomplishing anything am I right?

Seriously ignorant poo to say.
[/quote]

There was nothing ignorant about his statement at all. The ignorance is in your overly simplistic assessment of his point. No one said any of those groups of people should be kept from doing anything. He was making a point that our lovely media has it feelers out looking to prop up any and every possible "heartwarming story" they can find regardless of how it impacts those people if they should fail in their endeavors. It was wrong of them to put this poor girl on blast before this attempt and now she will be ridiculed and her efforts will be reduced to nothing more than a gif on message boards like this forever. It's sad.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Where's the "would or would not bang" comments?

Posted · Report post

No one has mentioned the part about her doing push-ups and crunches during her 30-minute warm-up and not kicking a single ball...this seems like a huge joke to me. Better get that upper body strong for your kicking tryout!! That's a shame...I was rooting for her. She just kind of annoys me now.

I don't care about her quad injury, she could have found a way to prepare herself for this moment if she wanted to. Like someone else said before, her technique is laughable...she had zero follow-through on either kick.

Posted · Report post

I don't need the media to pump me full of feel good stories about how nice we are to minorities. I know how nice I am to minorities. It's 2013, we aren't breaking any meaningful barriers. Our grandparents broke them all.

Posted · Report post

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/03/silberman-tryout-screams-publicity-stunt/"]http://profootballta...ublicity-stunt/[/url]

According to Florio (yea I know, incredibly thin source) she had never kicked a football before. Judging by the way she was kicking I don't doubt it.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='L-TownCat' timestamp='1362369615' post='2150543']

There was nothing ignorant about his statement at all. The ignorance is in your overly simplistic assessment of his point. No one said any of those groups of people should be kept from doing anything. He was making a point that our lovely media has it feelers out looking to prop up any and every possible "heartwarming story" they can find regardless of how it impacts those people if they should fail in their endeavors. It was wrong of them to put this poor girl on blast before this attempt and now she will be ridiculed and her efforts will be reduced to nothing more than a gif on message boards like this forever. It's sad.
[/quote]

The only thing worse than what he said is your misinformed defense of his statements.

He went into a rant about entitlements and affirmative action. There is a place for that crap, it's called the tinderbox. Seems you and him aren't the only insecure males over compensating in this thread.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KillerKat' timestamp='1362369562' post='2150542']
you guys don't think her injury caused the 13 and 19 yard kicks?
[/quote]

Nope, not in the slightest

Could it have hurt a little bit?

yes

but if she at all deserved to be there, she still would have kicked it further, injury or not

Posted · Report post

Complete stunt. Pretty sure I know a little about about athletics, and if you're injured, kicking without warming up would be the absolute worst thing you could do. Kicker would be the only position a female could ever have a chance at in the NFL, and even that is impossible.

Posted · Report post

There are a ton of accomplished college kickers with actual game experience who would've loved to have had that opportunity yet this lady was brought in to get a couple of headlines. That's just sad.

Posted · Report post

Typical attention wh0re... Bet she has a "rape story" too.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think it's about time for a break from the huddle

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Proudiddy' timestamp='1362372892' post='2150569']
Typical attention wh0re... Bet she has a "rape story" too.
[/quote]

Ohhh lawd.