91 replies to this topic

#16 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Yeah I have no respect for affirmative action style tryouts. When a woman earns a roster spot on merit I will be impressed beyond belief. However our country has become obsessed with "first" minority, woman, child, gay, etc.... to do anything. We are so eager to "break boundaries" that we promote people that haven't earned it yet. I'm not mad at the kicker. I'm not here to put her down. But the people in the media and NFL that stirred this tryout up had ulterior motives.

How do you know their motive wasn't to put such a bad display on that females no longer try out?

#17 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,068 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

However our country has become obsessed with "first" minority, woman, child, gay, etc.... to do anything.

Yeah who wants to see any women, minorities, or gays accomplishing anything am I right?

Seriously ignorant poo to say.

#18 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,913 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

It's not too late to help sell some cookies!! Samoas and Thin Mints.....mmmmmm

#19 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Still a better love story than Twilight.

#20 tukafan21

tukafan21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

19 and 13 yards????

LOL

I could kick it further than that with my left foot and no run up to the ball, hahahahahaha

#21 Password is Taco

Password is Taco

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

didnt this exact thing happen in an episode of its always sunny in philadelphia

#22 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,763 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

This must be a joke. It has to be.

#23 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

LOL 19 yards

#24 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,524 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

you guys don't think her injury caused the 13 and 19 yard kicks?

#25 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Yeah who wants to see any women, minorities, or gays accomplishing anything am I right?

Seriously ignorant poo to say.

There was nothing ignorant about his statement at all. The ignorance is in your overly simplistic assessment of his point. No one said any of those groups of people should be kept from doing anything. He was making a point that our lovely media has it feelers out looking to prop up any and every possible "heartwarming story" they can find regardless of how it impacts those people if they should fail in their endeavors. It was wrong of them to put this poor girl on blast before this attempt and now she will be ridiculed and her efforts will be reduced to nothing more than a gif on message boards like this forever. It's sad.

#26 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,397 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Where's the "would or would not bang" comments?

#27 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

No one has mentioned the part about her doing push-ups and crunches during her 30-minute warm-up and not kicking a single ball...this seems like a huge joke to me. Better get that upper body strong for your kicking tryout!! That's a shame...I was rooting for her. She just kind of annoys me now.

I don't care about her quad injury, she could have found a way to prepare herself for this moment if she wanted to. Like someone else said before, her technique is laughable...she had zero follow-through on either kick.

#28 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

I don't need the media to pump me full of feel good stories about how nice we are to minorities. I know how nice I am to minorities. It's 2013, we aren't breaking any meaningful barriers. Our grandparents broke them all.

#29 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

http://profootballta...ublicity-stunt/

According to Florio (yea I know, incredibly thin source) she had never kicked a football before. Judging by the way she was kicking I don't doubt it.

#30 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,068 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

There was nothing ignorant about his statement at all. The ignorance is in your overly simplistic assessment of his point. No one said any of those groups of people should be kept from doing anything. He was making a point that our lovely media has it feelers out looking to prop up any and every possible "heartwarming story" they can find regardless of how it impacts those people if they should fail in their endeavors. It was wrong of them to put this poor girl on blast before this attempt and now she will be ridiculed and her efforts will be reduced to nothing more than a gif on message boards like this forever. It's sad.

The only thing worse than what he said is your misinformed defense of his statements.

He went into a rant about entitlements and affirmative action. There is a place for that crap, it's called the tinderbox. Seems you and him aren't the only insecure males over compensating in this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com