Photo
- - - - -

Which 2013 O-Line combo gives us the best chance to win more that 7 games?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#51 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

What FA LT is better than Gross? That would dictate Gross moving to RT?

I don't have the list in front of me but I'm sure I could find at least 3 I would rather have than Gross. One was franchised today by the Chiefs.

I'd love to see Jordan move to RT and end his career that way. Who knows, a move like that could extend his career a few more seasons.

These are probably all moot points because I'm not sure how much money will be available and we have other needs.

#52 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

And address LT next year?

If it's a need then. Gross isn't a liability and we have bigger needs.

#53 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

There is no reason we can't keep Bell and move him to guard and draft a tackle at 14.

1. There's no reason to move Bell, he was solid last year and still have room to improve.
2. I love how everyone pretend's this is like Madden and you can just move OL around

#54 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I don't have the list in front of me but I'm sure I could find at least 3 I would rather have than Gross. One was franchised today by the Chiefs.

I'd love to see Jordan move to RT and end his career that way. Who knows, a move like that could extend his career a few more seasons.

These are probably all moot points because I'm not sure how much money will be available and we have other needs.

There are 3 FAs you think are better LTs than Gross? I think you should take a look before you say something like that

#55 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

There are 3 FAs you think are better LTs than Gross? I think you should take a look before you say something like that

Lol, that's just not how he does things.

#56 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

1. There's no reason to move Bell, he was solid last year and still have room to improve.
2. I love how everyone pretend's this is like Madden and you can just move OL around

If Cam wasn't a freak show....Piggy, Bell, and Amini would have had a normal QB in IR.

But I am more worried about RG than Bell. Cam can at least see Bell's guy coming the easiest

#57 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

I know you like to see what you want to see and manipulate it to make your point, but in my OP I stated OT, not just LT.

#58 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

If Cam wasn't a freak show....Piggy, Bell, and Amini would have had a normal QB in IR.

But I am more worried about RG than Bell. Cam can at least see Bell's guy coming the easiest

I agree with Hangartner and I think he is our single biggest liability, close to CB 1 with Gamble likely gone...or destined for IR again.

Amini was pretty bad when the season began, but he showed a lot of progress as the season wore on. Losing Kalil on his right was a setback as well.

Bell takes a lot of heat he doesn't deserve. He was bad with penalties his rookie year but was solid last year in every phase of the game. He's a work in progress with a lot of room still to grow.

However, I still blame our OL woes on Chud mostly. Not just in the running game, but as a whole because of the confusion and fatigue cause by the zone read crap.

I'm not saying Bell can't be replaced by someone better, but I don't see a reason to think he won't continue to improve.

#59 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

I know you like to see what you want to see and manipulate it to make your point, but in my OP I stated OT, not just LT.

Well you said there where 3 Ts you would rather have over our LT. 1 + 1 should equal 2. That means you should be referring to LTs you would rather have

#60 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

I agree with Hangartner and I think he is our single biggest liability, close to CB 1 with Gamble likely gone...or destined for IR again.

Amini was pretty bad when the season began, but he showed a lot of progress as the season wore on. Losing Kalil on his right was a setback as well.

Bell takes a lot of heat he doesn't deserve. He was bad with penalties his rookie year but was solid last year in every phase of the game. He's a work in progress with a lot of room still to grow.

However, I still blame our OL woes on Chud mostly. Not just in the running game, but as a whole because of the confusion and fatigue cause by the zone read crap.

I'm not saying Bell can't be replaced by someone better, but I don't see a reason to think he won't continue to improve.

Bell just lacks the atheticism I think you prefer to have at T. B/c of that I don't think his ceiling for improvement isn't much higher. I don't worry about Bell getting bulrushed but he gets beat to the outside too often.

But with Newton's style I think good G play is almost more important than T play. He can handle edge pressure pretty well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users