Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ramses Barden and Domenik Hixon

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url="http://www.giants101.com/2013/03/04/carolina-panthers-could-target-two-young-new-york-giants-wrs-domenik-hixon-ramses-barden/"]http://www.giants101.com/2013/03/04/carolina-panthers-could-target-two-young-new-york-giants-wrs-domenik-hixon-ramses-barden/[/url]

I would welcome this and not worry about WR in the draft.

Posted · Report post

Honestly why go after WRs who played as back ups. We already have avg WRs. We need a star WR that produce. Don't know much about these 2 guys. But why waste time and money on 2 guys who are no better then the guys we have the current roster. Pass.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Pantherman' timestamp='1362414317' post='2150790']
Honestly why go after WRs who played as back ups. We already have avg WRs. We need a star WR that produce. Don't know much about these 2 guys. But why waste time and money on 2 guys who are no better then the guys we have the current roster. Pass.
[/quote]

We have a star receiver that produces.

What makes you think these guys aren't better than Louis Murphy and company? You do know Hixon and Barden have been buried in a stellar Giants WR receiving corps.

Posted · Report post

I had Hixon for a little while in my fantasy season last year. Had a couple decent (dare I say, legit) games IIRC. Couldn't hurt, for the right price. Got to remember who they were behind in the pecking order at a beasty Giants squad...

Posted · Report post

2 years older and produced less than lafell.

Posted · Report post

If these two can be had for cheap, bring them on down. Ramses would be a ideal 2nd reciever for Cam with his height, and he's showed promise, and Hixon has been good in spot duty.

Yeah they were backups, but they were behind Victor Cruz and Nicks(either of which would be our #1 WR of the future if they were here). If we could get them both, it would give us the flexability to go for one of the trench guys with our 1st and even 2nd round picks.

Posted · Report post

The only good game that I remember Barden having last year was against us and I'm not sure that Hixon is better than Murphy.

Posted · Report post

I'd be all for it. Move on from Murphy and cut Edwards. Still a big gamble though imo.

Posted · Report post

Why would we go after two unproven guys with no ties to us when we have steady development and improvement out of lafell who we drafted? Change for the sake of change? That always works.

Posted · Report post

Also, what has Pilares done for everyone to lose faith in him?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='stratopanther' timestamp='1362418546' post='2150855']
[/quote]

He's done [i]nothing[/i] to cause everyone to lose faith in him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='stratopanther' timestamp='1362418546' post='2150855']
[/quote]

Well for me...when I saw him trying to start a fight at montford against a skinny 150 lb frat kid

I'd rather have real pros on the team