• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

I completely agree with you about offensive linemen.

Forgot about Lendale White. I remember people wanting him over Deangelo Williams, what a great idea.

Sure some of it you can attribute to bad luck but overall he was just not a good GM. What bothers me is when people talk about our receiver depth they always speak as if Steve will just be here forever.

Oh no no no I think you misunderstood. Hurney was a horrible GM. I'm just saying that during his tenure here he DID consider WR depth something that needed to be addressed, and put decent money/picks into trying to resolve that situation. I think it was one of the few things that he took a sensible approach to (but still ultimately failed at).

Nah we all know Steve is gonna hit that age bump very shortly. My whole point is that I don't think we should go the Falcons route and spend half a draft to get just one guy (unless its like.. Calvin Johnson) and I'd rather we go the NYG/GB approach and get a crop of guys we can rely on to get the job done.

#32 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Cruz joined the team a year after Barden. There is probably a reason Cruz became a starter and Barden is still "buried on the depth chart"

#33 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,510 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Oh no no no I think you misunderstood. Hurney was a horrible GM. I'm just saying that during his tenure here he DID consider WR depth something that needed to be addressed, and put decent money/picks into trying to resolve that situation. I think it was one of the few things that he took a sensible approach to (but still ultimately failed at).

Nah we all know Steve is gonna hit that age bump very shortly. My whole point is that I don't think we should go the Falcons route and spend half a draft to get just one guy (unless its like.. Calvin Johnson) and I'd rather we go the NYG/GB approach and get a crop of guys we can rely on to get the job done.

I see. Well I'm still bitter about all the wasted picks and busts he gave us to pass up on future stars.

Anyway, once Steve Smith has retired I doubt there will be many limits as to what we would be willing to give up to acquire a receiver of his caliber again. I thought the Falcons were idiots, but I would rather address it now and not later on when it's too late and we have to be terribly desperate like Atlanta was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com