thats a liberal lie

#17 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

That's what happens when CEO's keep millions in profit and pay the workers a couple hundred a week. It used to bother me, but I don't even care anymore. They can have their jets, yachts, and mansions. What they don't have is morals and integrity because that's something they can't buy.

* angry college student who is having to pay back loans while the government gives billions to billionaires*

#18 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

These are the wealthiest counties in America...

http://www.forbes.co...chest-counties/

Loudon County, VA (Near D.C)
Falls Church County, VA (Near D.C)
Fairfax County, VA (Near D.C)
Los Alamos County, NV -"Even though it’s far from Washington, Los Alamos County’s wealth is still largely the result of federal government spending"
Howard County, MD (Near D.C)
Fairfax City County, VA (Near D.C)
Hunterdon County, NJ & Somerset County, NJ & Morris County, NJ (finally...a counties that are wealthy due to something other than the federal gov...New York fed)
Douglas County, CO (no clue)

No Silicon Valley on the list Cantrell...in fact...the majority of these counties are chockful of 1%ers from federal government spending.

1. A huge chunk of that evil federal spending is defense, which no one in America seems to want to cut. Los Alamos is almost all defense money obviously.

2. These are the counties with the highest median income. If you look at the highest per capita income, the list starts to look more like what you'd expect with Marin Co and New York Co and the like.

Higher median income than average income just means that you have a more evenly distributed level of wealth. So what you have is not as much a list of where the wealth is as it's a list of which suburbs the well off are going off and hiding from poor people in.

3. In times of crisis, gov related jobs are some of the safest. They're also very limited in how much you can take in. You don't go hungry nor do yo become an overnight billionaire selling or supplying to the government.

#19 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

1. A huge chunk of that evil federal spending is defense, which no one in America seems to want to cut. Los Alamos is almost all defense money obviously.

2. These are the counties with the highest median income. If you look at the highest per capita income, the list starts to look more like what you'd expect with Marin Co and New York Co and the like.

Higher median income than average income just means that you have a more evenly distributed level of wealth. So what you have is not as much a list of where the wealth is as it's a list of which suburbs the well off are going off and hiding from poor people in.

3. In times of crisis, gov related jobs are some of the safest. They're also very limited in how much you can take in. You don't go hungry nor do yo become an overnight billionaire selling or supplying to the government.

Half of the sequester cuts ARE defense and we, conservatives, didn't have a problem doing so. No chicken little talk here.

#20 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

I hear that even 40-50% of those people may be republicans.

Pretty easy to get voter id demographics in those counties. So instead of a snark, why don't you add to the conversation constructively IF that's your new argument.

#21 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,953 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

They voted Obama in those counties but you are still looking at 40-50%

Stay on topic though.

Billionaires making billions, productivity high and corporate profits record high....wages and job market stagnant

#22 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Half of the sequester cuts ARE defense and we, conservatives, didn't have a problem doing so. No chicken little talk here.

1. You unsurprisingly didn't even get past # 1

2. When I say cuts I'm not talking trimming fat for a handful of years. Spending $500 billion a year vs $540 billion is not particularly meaningful.

3. Stop abusing commas.

#23 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

They voted Obama in those counties but you are still looking at 40-50%

Stay on topic though.

Billionaires making billions, productivity high and corporate profits record high....wages and job market stagnant

Corporations are driven to make shareholders happy. Who are shareholders. Some are rich. Some are pensions that are invested in them. Some are you. On one hand we bitch/moan about corporate profits, but on the other hand pension systems would be in more trouble than they are if it weren't for their corporation investments.

#24 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

Posted Image

Just going to leave this here

#25 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

so we all agree, ban lobbying?

#26 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,563 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Posted Image

Just going to leave this here

I wonder if a comparison of the decline amount of workers in production jobs vs the decline of Unionized Workers.

Basically I'm wondering if that is more a sign of the lack of factory/production jobs more than the decline of the might Unionized worker vs Un-Unionized Worker.

#27 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

both. but they go hand in hand... one of the biggest advantages of outsourcing was that it broke the unions.

#28 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

It's a little of both, but it's highly accelerated by the fact that US business has undergone a systematic, purposeful eradication of unions.

#29 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,563 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

It's a little of both, but it's highly accelerated by the fact that US business has undergone a systematic, purposeful eradication of unions.

I think it's important to mention Unions aren't exactly choir boys either.

I see their need, but bad apples on both sides etc etc.

#30 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Absolutely. A lot of the common complaints have a lot of merit, and the old system of unions was antiquated and never did catch up with the times or the new economy.

That being said the fact that they were destroyed without any replacement is a big reason for wage stagnation/decline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com