Photo
- - - - -

marxism

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#25 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

Marx commune society makes sense in world where there is a dictatorial boss reigning over 100s of workers making pennies. Like sweatshops in Laos or something.

Cuba is probably the closest to a marxist state, right?

I don't think so, but again I am a novice at this stuff.

From what I can tell Marxism would be everyone working together for a common benefit, without the overpowering dictator.

Thus Cuba/Laos would be more a Leninist type of communism.

I could be very wrong here tho.

#26 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

The internet and tools like 3D printers have made the distributors of surplus increasingly irrelevant, even though our economy does not yet recognize that. The production and distribution of goods will become more and more democratized to where creating products and distributing them will be just as simple as creating and distributing music or movies are today.

Don't believe me? It's already happening:

http://www.wired.co....duces-physibles

The only thing left to exploit in that scenario are raw materials and energy, and we'll be that much closer to moving past the idea of scarcity. Without scarcity, capitalism as Marx knew it ceases to exist.

When 3D printing starts making Real Usable parts for machines and such things will get REALLY interesting.

#27 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

I don't think so, but again I am a novice at this stuff.

From what I can tell Marxism would be everyone working together for a common benefit, without the overpowering dictator.

Thus Cuba/Laos would be more a Leninist type of communism.

I could be very wrong here tho.

Yeah i read that modern communist states would have been rejected by Marx. But Cuba certainly thinks it is a Marxist state. There is such a thing as Marxist-Leninism too. Apparently.

Here is their constitution which actually references Marx multiple times.

http://www.constitut...onstitution.pdf