Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carolina can't afford...munnerlyn?

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This is the opposite of what I've been reading over the last few weeks.

Panthers want him, he wants to remain a Panther.
Awaiting March 12th to see what happens.

If Tampa wants to pay him more than he is worth, then more power to them.

I would miss the Captain, but I'm sure we could move on easier than the first few posters think.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCMunnerlyn1' timestamp='1362460010' post='2151451']
I will rage hard.
[/quote]

No doubt you will :P

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pantherclaw' timestamp='1362464104' post='2151490']
This is the opposite of what I've been reading over the last few weeks.

Panthers want him, he wants to remain a Panther.
Awaiting March 12th to see what happens.

If Tampa wants to pay him more than he is worth, then more power to them.

I would miss the Captain, but I'm sure we could move on easier than the first few posters think.
[/quote]

This. For the right price, I'd love to have him back. He's a good nickelback. But, that's what he is. If others are willing to offer him starting money, let them do it and let him take it. Wish him the best and move on. We have to quit overpaying our guys for fear of losing them. You've gotta pick and choose who you keep. If you try to keep everyone worth a damn you end up in our current cap hell. We've paid too many average players like good players and too many good players like great players. It has to stop. Figure out how much a guy is worth to you, make the offer, and if someone else blows it out of the water, wish the guy best of luck with his new team. If he brings back an offer from elsewhere marginally better, then go back and try to negotiate something, but to hell with this poo of just handing out baller contract after baller contract to everyone.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1362446492' post='2151223']
I think he means Rivera should back his bags bc he would be given poo to work with. If we can't afford the Captain's of the NFL we are in trouble
[/quote]

Ah. Well, Captain is the least of our problems. That front line is more important. I rather have Josh and Josh at CB than Kearse and Fua in the front.

Posted · Report post

Captain is replaceable. He should not be starting in the NFL but he's ok as the nickel CB. I'm fine if we let him walk.

Posted · Report post

People making such a fuss over Captain freaking Munnerlyn. I mean THE Captain Munnerlyn. This is hilarious

Posted · Report post

Mr. Touchdown nailed it. We aren't going to pay Munnerlyn because we are keeping Gamble....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Daddy Uncle' timestamp='1362469505' post='2151513']
People making such a fuss over Captain freaking Munnerlyn. I mean THE Captain Munnerlyn. This is hilarious
[/quote]

A solid young nickel CB in a passing league...who stays healthy?

Posted · Report post

they are keeping gamble.......that would be very good if he turns out to be healthy for about 4 more years.....dont know though.

captain is good but, there are other slot corners that are better and could come at a cheaper price in fa.

Posted · Report post

double post

Posted · Report post

[quote name='LinvilleGorge' timestamp='1362463971' post='2151489']

$3-5M for Cap? HELL NO.

Mathieu being available in the 5th or 6th is a pipe dream unless he's just tanking the absolute hell out of interviews.
[/quote]

Capt will get 3 million a year. I don't think you realize that most good starting CBs make north of 6+ now, 3 million isn't that much.

There is no way Mathieu goes higher then 4th or 5th. He doesn't have the strength or vertical to be an outside corner, which drops him down, and that's not even factoring in that he's been out of football for a year and been kicked off a team.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Crim' timestamp='1362441352' post='2151144']
#HurneyMagic
[/quote]
how long did it take you to think of that gem?