Photo
- - - - -

carolina can't afford...munnerlyn?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#37 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Not having our nickle corner will be tragic to this secondary. He was really valuable and will leave a bigger hole to fill than Gamble's.

#38 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Not having our nickle corner will be tragic to this secondary. He was really valuable and will leave a bigger hole to fill than Gamble's.

Actually a hole in the secondary prob would give up less TDs than Captain to be honest.

#39 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

This situation is dildos...

#40 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

If they keep Gamble, this is a non-issue. The other corners on the roster show some promise. They could bring in a couple late round/practice squad guy and be set at corner. If the let go of Gamble AND Munnerlyn...they instantly have a need at corner.

I have a feeling Gettleman will be working the phones trying to trade down because this team has a lot of needs and not a lot of draft picks. Move down into the late 20's int the first round and gain a 3rd? Maybe a 2nd? Would be worth it because that extra player on a team with no money to sign any FA's.

#41 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

If they keep Gamble, this is a non-issue. The other corners on the roster show some promise. They could bring in a couple late round/practice squad guy and be set at corner. If the let go of Gamble AND Munnerlyn...they instantly have a need at corner.

I have a feeling Gettleman will be working the phones trying to trade down because this team has a lot of needs and not a lot of draft picks. Move down into the late 20's in the first round and gain a 3rd? Maybe a 2nd? Would be worth it because that's an extra player on a team with no money to sign any FA's.

#42 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

I really like Captain, and want him to stay for his special teams, hard play and to cover the slot receiver But if he goes to Altanta or Tampa Bay and becomes one of their starters- good luck to him, he did not fare well for us playing on the outside

#43 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

HUDDLER

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

I will rage hard.

#44 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

HUDDLER

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

If we can't afford Captain fuging Munnerlyn, then Rivera ought to go ahead and pack his bags because this team is doomed for failure.

It's not that we can't afford, it's that he isn't a priority and isn't worth the money he will make to this team.

#45 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

Did they really say that he could go to Tampa and be the number 1 corner? Yes please!!!

Funniest, apropos response this year. Glad I wasn't drinking anything, or I may have literally ruined my laptop keyboard.

#46 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

who do we get to replace him? honey badger?

That's what I've been hoping for actually.

If he's there in the 4th? Sure. I doubt he will be though.

Yeah, I've wondered if he would be there too. I've said before that we may have to make a move to trade back up into the third to either get Bacarri Rambo or Matthieu. I would like to get both. I am hoping that we can get one or the other in the 4th, or if we're lucky get 'em both if we do trade up. Probably wishful thinking. If we do let Cap walk, I would think that Matthieu would become a legitimate target,

#47 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Agreed. Munnerlyn isn't bad, but do we want to commit 3-5 million a year to him? Honey Badger can probably be had for a 5-6th round pick, and I think he would be an upgrade if he can put some strength on.

#48 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

Agreed. Munnerlyn isn't bad, but do we want to commit 3-5 million a year to him? Honey Badger can probably be had for a 5-6th round pick, and I think he would be an upgrade if he can put some strength on.

$3-5M for Cap? HELL NO.

Mathieu being available in the 5th or 6th is a pipe dream unless he's just tanking the absolute hell out of interviews.