Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pat McCrory says there is no money for the stadium.

185 posts in this topic

Posted

You can always tell who base their opinions based on envy of successful people. Guess people that risk their own money, should not make profits....just do out of the kindness of thier heart.

Remember, JR has to pay for all these over paid players (not just the HurneyMagik ones either, all players/agents/coaches/officals). oh wait they are unionized players/officals/agents/coaches,so thier money is legit and is perfectly fine. Anyone have a twinkie, I am craving one.....

Posted

This is why Charlotte SHOULD help out;

1. It is a 265 million dollar project, Charlotte is not being asked to pay for it all.

2. In addition to saving the existing jobs (and tax revenue they create), it will also employ even more people to actually do the renovation (thus a larger tax base).

3. All cities do help out the teams they would like to keep, or they leave, its business.

4. If the Panthers leave, the small (and some big) business lose revenue (thus jobs/tax money) during home games. Panthers don't pay taxes in Charlotte anymore and people are out of work.

5. If renovation isn't done, both potential players (signing here) and fans will not be to thrilled to want to come to games and spend money.

6. People (including the citities) has to invest money if they want to make money over the long term. It's the same principle as keeping their roads in good condition, if they want business/tourist to come to their city.

I don't believe #5 for a hot minute.

I understand govt giving out money to promote business. I'd be fine with money for a baseball stadium and giving money to google to build a data warehouse but these are for renovations. There's no return.

Posted

Technically it's the Panthers, and not JR. Just like the literally thousands of other businesses in NC that take government money. You guys act like the Panthers are the only business in the state that asks for assistance in infrastructure funding. Do you think that Lowe's built that fuging 400 million dollar facility in Mooresville, without government incentives? They net 30billion a year, afterall.

I mean for fugs sake, Forsyth county gave them 3.6 million in incentives just for building a data center that only fuging employs 30 people.

I'm all for public financing. That's the reality of what state and local governments must do to compete for jobs and attract business. I guess my attempt at sarcasm was a poor attempt.

Posted

You can always tell who base their opinions based on envy of successful people. Guess people that risk their own money, should not make profits....just do out of the kindness of thier heart.

Remember, JR has to pay for all these over paid players (not just the HurneyMagik ones either, all players/agents/coaches/officals). oh wait they are unionized players/officals/agents/coaches,so thier money is legit and is perfectly fine. Anyone have a twinkie, I am craving one.....

And those who are envious of the overpaid players

Posted

I don't believe #5 for a hot minute.

I understand govt giving out money to promote business. I'd be fine with money for a baseball stadium and giving money to google to build a data warehouse but these are for renovations. There's no return.

So they wouldn't be hiring construction crews for the renovations? JR and Danny are gonna build that poo themselves? Evil money hoarders!!!11!!

Posted

Has this thread now compared the Panthers to Apple and Google?

Really now ?

People won't go to the games b/c the WiFi is weak ? Well maybe in Charlotte...

Shame Richardson hasn't put this much effort into putting together a winning team...

Posted

So they wouldn't be hiring construction crews for the renovations? JR and Danny are gonna build that poo themselves? Evil money hoarders!!!11!!

I'm not sure you are following my logic. (If logic can ever be equated to anything I say)

Posted

200 million granted for 100 temp jobs ?

Wifi! and escalators!

FREE AGENTS NEED MOAR WIFI!

Im sold!

Posted

Im sold!

Forgive them they know not what they do

Posted

Forgive them they know not what they do

I am consistently impressed on the fleece job the Panthers FO puts over on fans.

I was once too blind, but now I see.

Posted

And those who are envious of the overpaid players

Its a comparison, if you could not figure it out...wow.

Posted

Wifi! and escalators!

FREE AGENTS NEED MOAR WIFI!

Im sold!

So you think thats the only jobs in play, huh?