Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Pat McCrory says there is no money for the stadium.

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#61 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,446 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Is McCrory the fall guy in this? Jerry Richardson is truly made of Teflon

Yes and no.

He was responsible for pushing the Hornets out and now he's doing the same with the Panthers. JR clearly has his faults, but when it comes down to it, I want our team here and I want to know they're going to stay here. Yes, JR should pay for his own crap when he's making tons of money off the fans as is and we've yet to really get anything of value in return regarding the product. But, if it comes down to it, I want to do what it takes to keep our team securely in NC. If McCrory wasn't the same stubborn SOB that lost us our first professional franchise than I wouldn't have a problem with the stand, but I just don't like where this is going.

This situation is kind of like dealing with a car salesman. I guess JR is the car salesman. The only real leverage you have is to get up and walk out. Which is essentially what the "pay for it yourself" stance is doing. Problem is, that's where the leverage ends. Yes, you might avoid paying something you don't feel you should have to, and you get another notch in the ego belt, but he decides where the car is going and you're not getting it if you walk away. He has all the power.

#62 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,889 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Worried because everyone knows that LA and the state of CA are rolling in cash right now.

#63 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,139 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

The decision represents a setback for the Panthers. It comes four days after legislators effectively turned down a city of Charlotte plan that would have given the team $144 million.

a stunning display of small government

#64 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Didn't anybody read the part about Bev honey spending up all of the money?

#65 JJT

JJT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

First of all, assholes, Pat McCrory is no longer mayor of Charlotte. He's governor of NC.

Second of all, the state has no business funding private enterprise.

#66 GoDaddyGo

GoDaddyGo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

Good. He is helping CLT.

We don't need to offering up all kinds of money to fund these upgrades. Help out, sure. Fund the whole freaking thing for Billionaire? No way.

If the existing 1% tax only covers $116 million, so be it.

#67 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Is McCrory the fall guy in this? Jerry Richardson is truly made of Teflon

Reading this thread is fuging amazing.

Richardson floats the threat of the team leaving when he dies to get sympathy to use tax dollars to improve his stadium (privately owned).

State says, use your own money.

"OMGS TEH NC GOV WANTS TO LOSE TEH PANTHERS!!??!"

Only issue here should be the State legislature telling the Local Government what they can do with their moneys. That is an issue worth bitching about.

Corporate welfare needs to die.
Hell this is worse than the Vikings, at least Minnesota actually owns that stadium...

Also LOL @ blackouts and all that chickenlittle bullshit.
How about a team worth a poo to reward our PSL holders who are FORCED to buy tickets (to keep those sellouts going) or lose them.

#68 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,251 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

A team worth a poo is too much to ask for, Kurb.

#69 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

For all of you that would place your 4 hours of football on Sundays above the state's fiscal viability, step back and look at the big picture. With that, our team isn't going anywhere, so moot point.

#70 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,351 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

obviously the entire economy of North Carolina will fall apart unless we get new escalators and WIFI for our football stadium

#71 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

First of all, assholes, Pat McCrory is no longer mayor of Charlotte. He's governor of NC.

Second of all, the state has no business funding private enterprise.

Good to know. Should we take back all of the free land and tax exemptions we have given Google and Apple which has created 1,000s of new jobs and reverse all of the subsidies and tax incentives that bring so many tech jobs to RTP?

We should also take away the tax breaks for the film industry and lose those hundreds of local jobs.

Some of you guys act like these companies have come to NC because they love the climate.

#72 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,251 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Good to know. Should we take back all of the free land tax exemptions we have given Google and Apple which has created 1,000s of new jobs and reverse all of the subsidies and tax incentives that bring so many tech jobs to RTP?

We should also take away the tax breaks for the film industry and lose those hundreds of local jobs.

Some of you guys act like these companies have come to NC because they love the climate.

Ding ding ding! Winner!

#73 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Political posturing....next you guys will tell me water is wet.

#74 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

The team isn't going to leave. If the panthers left my jaw would literally hit the floor. I would be just as pissed at the city of Charlotte and the state as I would be at the Panthers for leaving. It hurt enough when the Hornets left.

The Panthers leaving is literally the worst nightmare of every sports fan in the Charlotte area. I don't even see us getting another team if they go. The Panthers were literally designed for North and South Carolina it would such a shame to see them go. I would stop watching football.

#75 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,964 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

The team isn't going to leave. If the panthers left my jaw would literally hit the floor. I would be just as pissed at the city of Charlotte and the state as I would be at the Panthers for leaving. It hurt enough when the Hornets left.

The Panthers leaving is literally the worst nightmare of every sports fan in the Charlotte area. I don't even see us getting another team if they go. The Panthers were literally designed for North and South Carolina it would such a shame to see them go. I would stop watching football.

I don't think the team will leave while JR is still alive and running things. However, it is widely known that he plans on selling the team upon his death. Without something to hold the team in Charlotte (part of the funding agreement woudl be a guarantee tying the team here for an extended period of time), moving COULD (and I only say could) be a possibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com