Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthias' Visionary Mock (Post Combine)

44 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not saying it's uneven, I assume you did the values and they're relatively close. I'm just saying I don't think the Dolphins would give up that package of picks to move up to #14 because I don't see anyone there a team would be that desperate for.

The Dolphins have an extra third, so they would still have three picks within the first three rounds. What makes it even between both teams would be the fact we wouldn't have a first in return for our first. I think it's about right, as 14 overall is a high spot, still within the top half of the first round.

Posted

Yea this aint happening. Best we can hope for is another 2nd or 3rd

Posted

God I can't wait till draft day, I'm getting so sick of these trade back mocks.

1 person likes this

Posted

Look who's talking about bad mocks

Posted

decent you could trade back..just dont know if you get that much...but maybe.

overall the draft is decent just dont like lester,,,,good to see oday getting some love.

Posted

it is an old man's position....

Dumb thinking like that will never have us building a championship defense. Plus always signing a different DT every year.

1 person likes this

Posted

Swope's medical scares me. He already has a concussion history.

Posted

How about Connor Vernon from Duke instead of Swopes?

Posted

How about not drafting 2 WR's.

Posted

Oday Aboushi, the guy systematically pegged as a right tackle only due to his lack of athleticism, is now a prototypical LT?

That being said, the idea of trading out of the first for two second round picks is interesting. There's still a lot of talent in the second, and that would allow us to amass it.

From what I'm hearing, Oday sounds like a good starter at LT. He just needs a solid year on the bench, and be eased in.

I'm not saying it's uneven, I assume you did the values and they're relatively close. I'm just saying I don't think the Dolphins would give up that package of picks to move up to #14 because I don't see anyone there a team would be that desperate for.

I believe the Dolphins will want to move up and possibly get a WR or lineman that falls. Now we might want a LT, but we won't be in bad need of one as the Dolphins will be. Plus I have drafting Oday in mind. If the Dolphins don't draft a LT, and Lane Johnson or Eric Fischer falls, they could move up. Or they might see a receiver they like. With Bowe signing his deal with the Chiefs, that's one less receiver for them to go after in free agency. If they don't get their receiver in free agency, they might fall in love with one in the draft.

I don't know that much about Vernon's potential. I've heard he has dependable hands. Swope's concussion troubles is something to take into account, but his skills are really good. If healthy, he can be a great receiver.

Oh and I thank everyone for your comments. Much appreciated!

Posted

How about not drafting 2 WR's.

Why not? I think it's easy to justify and personally I'd be happy taking a chance on D Robinson.

Posted

I don't know that much about Vernon's potential. I've heard he has dependable hands. Swope's concussion troubles is something to take into account, but his skills are really good. If healthy, he can be a great receiver.

Vernon probably has the best hands in the draft. He holds several ACC records now and would be a great slot/possession type. More in the Proehl mold than a Welker/Harvin. Decent speed, but great hands and runs very precise routes.

http://www.nfldrafts...=2013&genpos=WR