Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthias' Visionary Mock (Post Combine)

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Why not? I think it's easy to justify and personally I'd be happy taking a chance on D Robinson.

Because that means you've have wasted 4 years of draft picks on WR's you are not letting develop. And what happens a year from now when these guys don't catch 60 balls have 1,000 yards and 7 td? We draft 2 more? We have bigger problems then WR. And to Spend 2 picks on that position is overkill.

Posted

I like Vernon burt we already have more athletic WR like him. We already have a lot of possession type WR.

Posted

I'm getting so sick of these trade back mocks.

Agreed. Sure it'd be cool if it happens because we do need more picks, but most of them aren't realistic.

Posted

Because that means you've have wasted 4 years of draft picks on WR's you are not letting develop. And what happens a year from now when these guys don't catch 60 balls have 1,000 yards and 7 td? We draft 2 more? We have bigger problems then WR. And to Spend 2 picks on that position is overkill.

Who do we have that you're so interested in developing? AE was a waste, Murphy has terrible hands, Gettis got healthy and then found himself in the doghouse and could even get reps in garbage time at the end of the season, Adams has a chronic fumbling problem when engaged in his specialty and Smith is old. Pilares barely plays and when he did he got hurt. We have damn near nothing invested in any of them outside of LeFell.

I count LaFell as the one sure thing at WR. I don't care about collecting WR's, I want young guys who show a lot of promise and this draft class is full of them. We have a young, elite QB I'd love to pair with a young, dynamic playmaker he can develop a 5 year history with.

Posted

Dumb thinking like that will never have us building a championship defense. Plus always signing a different DT every year.

championship defenses are not built around baby faced DT's, look around.

Posted

Who do we have that you're so interested in developing? AE was a waste, Murphy has terrible hands, Gettis got healthy and then found himself in the doghouse and could even get reps in garbage time at the end of the season, Adams has a chronic fumbling problem when engaged in his specialty and Smith is old. Pilares barely plays and when he did he got hurt. We have damn near nothing invested in any of them outside of LeFell.

I count LaFell as the one sure thing at WR. I don't care about collecting WR's, I want young guys who show a lot of promise and this draft class is full of them. We have a young, elite QB I'd love to pair with a young, dynamic playmaker he can develop a 5 year history with.

If teams thought the same way then Roddy White and James Jones would have been cut along time ago.

But let's go thru it.

1. Murphy - I don't even know if he'll be on the team.

2. Gettis - Hopefully Rivera realize that his dog house is stupid. Naka should have been there all year.

3. Adams - Tiki was a fumble machine also. Are you really ready to give up on Adams.

4. Pilares - See Adams not enough time or opportunity to make a judgement.

5. Byrant - looked good in TC was kept on the practice squad and has all the talent you want out of a WR.

So again I ask what happens if they don't show all this talent in their 1st 2 years will we have this same "I want a WR" thread again?

Posted

championship defenses are not built around baby faced DT's, look around.

Most Championship defense draft and develop their own DT. They don't depend on old ones off the bargin bin.

Posted

By that logic he should just forego the draft and develop all our young guys.

Posted

By that logic he should just forego the draft and develop all our young guys.

No we locate the real problems and try to fix those.

We had the 16th passing attack with a bad Oline and a Play caller looking for a HC job.

Hopefully we fixed 1 of those things now we need to work on the other.

Posted

Yeah, a lack of receiving targets in a throwing league isn't a need.

I understand we have some other needs, but other than RG and DT I think WR is just as pressing as any other and given the depth and talent in this draft class I think it would be foolish to pass up on it.

Posted

Yeah, a lack of receiving targets in a throwing league isn't a need.

I understand we have some other needs, but other than RG and DT I think WR is just as pressing as any other and given the depth andy talent in this draft class I think it would be foolish to pass up on it.

Was it a lack of receiving targets or a lack of time to find those receiving targets? Or maybe a bad play call from a OC that had a total disconnect from his roster. Remember he forgot about a running game could help a passing game.

Posted

Mixed Bag for me.

I love the idea of trading back, who wouldn't. This draft is loaded with value in 2nd and 3rd rounds.

1. Canty is injury problem, would not sign him, don't mind the other two FA's.

2. DT is a major strong category in this draft, but we don't take one.

3. You seem to be all about WR's and DB's in your draft.

4. Oday will be hard pressed to see the field except in RT backup role.

5. Lester cannot put his finger up his butt with both hands. ST player at best.

Please draft a few players over 220 lbs. Huge haul of picks and all small