Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP: LA Stadium Proposal

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/04/report-aeg-l-a-stadium-proposal-essentially-dead-to-nfl/

Looks like we less to worry about if McCrory prevents the stadium upgrades from happening.

Posted · Report post

If you were one of those seriously worried about losing the Panthers to LA, then you're stupid. I don't understand how such retarded talk like that even gets started and then blown out of proportion. *NEWS FLASH* The Panthers are not fuging moving.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Who would pony up the cash for a stadium without a team lined up? That would be insanely stupid.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='LinvilleGorge' timestamp='1362473070' post='2151516']
Who would pony up the cash for a stadium without a team lined up? That would be insanely stupid.
[/quote]

Build it, and they will come...

Posted · Report post

OKC Panthers

Posted · Report post

maybe pro football can finally make a return to canton, ohio.

Posted · Report post

Couldn't care less about what they do/don't do in LA.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='I Registered To Post This' timestamp='1362490795' post='2151571']
maybe pro football can finally make a return to canton, ohio.
[/quote]

Ohio already has two below average teams.

Posted · Report post

Portland Panthers
Birmingham Panthers
Little Rock Panthers
Salt Lake City Panthers

Posted · Report post

Watch out for San Antonio....big and loyal sports city.

Posted · Report post

Little Rock Gang Bangers

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1362491520' post='2151590']
Watch out for San Antonio....big and loyal sports city.
[/quote]

Yep. Kick ass tex-mex food aplenty. Existing dome to play in while a new stadium is built. Did i mention the kick ass tex-mex food?

Posted · Report post

Hell, I'd move a team to San Antonio for a bottomless bowl of queso.

Posted · Report post

Ballantyne Panthers

Posted · Report post

[quote name='LinvilleGorge' timestamp='1362473070' post='2151516']
[/quote]

The stadium would not have broken ground until a team was signed. I think.

Posted · Report post

Once a team decides it wants to move they will figure out the stadium pretty quick. I think it will happen in the next few years.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Daddy Uncle' timestamp='1362469402' post='2151512']
If you were one of those seriously worried about losing the Panthers to LA, then you're stupid. I don't understand how such retarded talk like that even gets started and then blown out of proportion. *NEWS FLASH* The Panthers are not fuging moving.
[/quote]

Please...you need to learn a little about the history of the NFL before you have to the gall to call me stupid. Read, if you can, about the 1995 Browns, and how they had a 11-5 season and looked to be going to the Super Bowl the next year with Belichick at head coach, only to find out they were being moved half way through the season. Cleveland might be a craphole, but it had rabid and loyal fans, and the franchise was on the rise, yet they still got moved. Please check yourself before you think we'd be 100% safe.

Posted · Report post

Oh darn, this news just breaks my heart.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SmashNDash' timestamp='1362500305' post='2151697']

Please...you need to learn a little about the history of the NFL before you have to the gall to call me stupid. Read, if you can, about the 1995 Browns, and how they had a 11-5 season and looked to be going to the Super Bowl the next year with Belichick at head coach, only to find out they were being moved half way through the season. Cleveland might be a craphole, but it had rabid and loyal fans, and the franchise was on the rise, yet they still got moved. Please check yourself before you think we'd be 100% safe.
[/quote]

For clarification, they were 11-5 in 1994, at the time the move was announced in 1995 they were 4-5 on the year and finished 5-11. If you look at them under Belichick, they were 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, 5-11. The one year was an aberration, and they were never legitimate title contenders, or perennial playoff contenders, as you make it sound.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Daddy Uncle' timestamp='1362469402' post='2151512']
[/quote]

Naw, JR would never move the team to LA...possibly another city in the South, but not LA...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Happy Panther' timestamp='1362497452' post='2151675']
Once a team decides it wants to move they will figure out the stadium pretty quick. I think it will happen in the next few years.
[/quote]

JR will make a BUSINESS decison to go where the city/state wants them. This is usually shown in tax breaks and funds to upgrade. Columbia SC missed out on them, mainly due to USC (they keep out all professional teams). Funds where in Charlotte and not here, guess where the Panthers went? JR wanted them IN SOUTH CAROLINA and still went to Charlotte. Nope, we are not 100% safe....

Posted · Report post

Lol at Columbia. theyd be worse off than the Jags...He didn't want them any further south than ft mill

#2 fininacial district in the United States or a city that feels like god is giving you a Dutch oven

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Lords0fPain' timestamp='1362502012' post='2151731']

JR will make a BUSINESS decison to go where the city/state wants them. This is usually shown in tax breaks and funds to upgrade. Columbia SC missed out on them, mainly due to USC (they keep out all professional teams). Funds where in Charlotte and not here, guess where the Panthers went? JR wanted them IN SOUTH CAROLINA and still went to Charlotte. Nope, we are not 100% safe....
[/quote]

What in the world are you talking about?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1362502589' post='2151746']
#2 fininacial district in the United States or a city that feels like god is giving you a Dutch oven
[/quote]

Can't argue with this post

Posted · Report post

You do know there's another, better proposed LA stadium. http://losangelesfootballstadium.com/
1 person likes this