53 replies to this topic

#16 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,596 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Once a team decides it wants to move they will figure out the stadium pretty quick. I think it will happen in the next few years.

#17 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

If you were one of those seriously worried about losing the Panthers to LA, then you're stupid. I don't understand how such retarded talk like that even gets started and then blown out of proportion. *NEWS FLASH* The Panthers are not fuging moving.

Please...you need to learn a little about the history of the NFL before you have to the gall to call me stupid. Read, if you can, about the 1995 Browns, and how they had a 11-5 season and looked to be going to the Super Bowl the next year with Belichick at head coach, only to find out they were being moved half way through the season. Cleveland might be a craphole, but it had rabid and loyal fans, and the franchise was on the rise, yet they still got moved. Please check yourself before you think we'd be 100% safe.

#18 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,710 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Oh darn, this news just breaks my heart.

#19 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

Please...you need to learn a little about the history of the NFL before you have to the gall to call me stupid. Read, if you can, about the 1995 Browns, and how they had a 11-5 season and looked to be going to the Super Bowl the next year with Belichick at head coach, only to find out they were being moved half way through the season. Cleveland might be a craphole, but it had rabid and loyal fans, and the franchise was on the rise, yet they still got moved. Please check yourself before you think we'd be 100% safe.

For clarification, they were 11-5 in 1994, at the time the move was announced in 1995 they were 4-5 on the year and finished 5-11. If you look at them under Belichick, they were 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, 5-11. The one year was an aberration, and they were never legitimate title contenders, or perennial playoff contenders, as you make it sound.

#20 Lords0fPain

Lords0fPain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

If you were one of those seriously worried about losing the Panthers to LA, then you're stupid. I don't understand how such retarded talk like that even gets started and then blown out of proportion. *NEWS FLASH* The Panthers are not fuging moving.

Naw, JR would never move the team to LA...possibly another city in the South, but not LA...

#21 Lords0fPain

Lords0fPain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

Once a team decides it wants to move they will figure out the stadium pretty quick. I think it will happen in the next few years.

JR will make a BUSINESS decison to go where the city/state wants them. This is usually shown in tax breaks and funds to upgrade. Columbia SC missed out on them, mainly due to USC (they keep out all professional teams). Funds where in Charlotte and not here, guess where the Panthers went? JR wanted them IN SOUTH CAROLINA and still went to Charlotte. Nope, we are not 100% safe....

#22 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,242 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Lol at Columbia. theyd be worse off than the Jags...He didn't want them any further south than ft mill

#2 fininacial district in the United States or a city that feels like god is giving you a Dutch oven

#23 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,596 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

JR will make a BUSINESS decison to go where the city/state wants them. This is usually shown in tax breaks and funds to upgrade. Columbia SC missed out on them, mainly due to USC (they keep out all professional teams). Funds where in Charlotte and not here, guess where the Panthers went? JR wanted them IN SOUTH CAROLINA and still went to Charlotte. Nope, we are not 100% safe....

What in the world are you talking about?

#24 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,148 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

#2 fininacial district in the United States or a city that feels like god is giving you a Dutch oven

Can't argue with this post

#25 wwgd

wwgd

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

You do know there's another, better proposed LA stadium. http://losangelesfootballstadium.com/

#26 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

i think it would be pretty cool if they did move.

#27 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,148 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

i think it would be pretty cool if they did move.

That's just cause you're stuck in redneckville, AL and want us all to suffer like you are.

#28 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

The owner of CMS said he would buyout the team before he let us move. Hopefully he wasn"t liing

#29 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 10,392 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Panthers won't move. The team brings too much money and business for the City and State to let it go. Please see Vikings situation only a while ago.

#30 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,148 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

The owner of CMS said he would buyout the team before he let us move. Hopefully he wasn"t liing

When did he say this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.