Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bucky Brooks' latest mock (has us passing on Patterson). Hmmph.

198 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1362633774' post='2153460']

Nope, I mean it would be a nasty pass rushing DL that can hold up against the run and let the LB's run downhill and do what they do.
[/quote]

Richardson and Dwan are not good run defenders.

Posted · Report post

20 years ago, Warmack was an ideal road grading type of OG. But, you're right about Cooper. He seems to fit the bill for the new breed of OG. This ain't the three yards and a cloud of dust NFL anymore. An OG can't get by with just mauling somebody on every snap. There's a lot more finesse in the game at that position these days.

Posted · Report post

Star Lotulelei is still my dream pick at #14 as long as his ticker checks out. Star at #14 would have me doing fuging back flips.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ButWhysTheRumGone' timestamp='1362633826' post='2153463']

Richardson and Dwan are not good run defenders.
[/quote]

Now you're just talking out of your ass. Go back and watch Dwan against the run all season and try to make that comment.

As for Richardson, I don't care if he's "good" against the run. All we need him to do is hold his spot and occupy his blocker and let our exceptional LB Corps do their jobs.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1362633241' post='2153444']

I have yet to see anything that indicates Patterson couldn't get significant action right away as a WR, I also feel confident he'd be the KR right away.
[/quote]

I'm sorry I just don't like to see the word "RAW" when talking about a top 15 pick. I don't see that as a day 1 starter. I also don't want to spend a top 15 pick on a special team returner. I really don't want our 1st round pick risked on a special team play.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='LinvilleGorge' timestamp='1362633912' post='2153465']
Star Lotulelei is still my dream pick at #14 as long as his ticker checks out. Star at #14 would have me doing fuging back flips.
[/quote]

Same here. I'd nut instantly and repeatedly.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='LinvilleGorge' timestamp='1362633912' post='2153465']
[/quote]if his ticker checks out i doubt he makes it past #5. definitely not past 10.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1362634402' post='2153477']
if his ticker checks out i doubt he makes it past #5. definitely not past 10.
[/quote]

There in lies the problem.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1362634246' post='2153471']
I'm sorry I just don't like to see the word "RAW" when talking about a top 15 pick. I don't see that as a day 1 starter. I also don't want to spend a top 15 pick on a special team returner. I really don't want our 1st round pick risked on a special team play.
[/quote]

First rounders play KR/PR pretty often, especially when they've excelled at it before.

You're not spending the pick on a return guy, it's an added bonus. He's a legit receiver who is a bonafide playmaker. He has great size, speed, agility, etc. He, like many, needs to work on technique but to be rated this highly after just one year of NCAA ball says something about his potential.

Posted · Report post

I like both guards it depends on what type of blocking system you have. Cooper is a perfect fit for a Zone Blocking scheme and Warmack is a man child made for a down hill running attack.

You dog Warmack for a combine performance all you want. But I saw this dude man Handle DT who will and were drafted in the 1st round.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1362634402' post='2153477']
if his ticker checks out i doubt he makes it past #5. definitely not past 10.
[/quote]

It could still scare a few key teams away. See Frank Alexander.

Posted · Report post

I don't dog Warmack for his Combine performance, but it is disappointing when a guy shows up to the biggest job interview of his life out of shape.

It'd be akin to an Ivy League valedictorian showing up to his interview with a wrinkled suit and uncombed hair. It's just unbecoming.