Photo
- - - - -

Bucky Brooks' latest mock (has us passing on Patterson). Hmmph.

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#101 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

I have yet to see anything that indicates Patterson couldn't get significant action right away as a WR, I also feel confident he'd be the KR right away.

I'm sorry I just don't like to see the word "RAW" when talking about a top 15 pick. I don't see that as a day 1 starter. I also don't want to spend a top 15 pick on a special team returner. I really don't want our 1st round pick risked on a special team play.

#102 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Star Lotulelei is still my dream pick at #14 as long as his ticker checks out. Star at #14 would have me doing fuging back flips.

Same here. I'd nut instantly and repeatedly.

#103 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

Star Lotulelei is still my dream pick at #14 as long as his ticker checks out. Star at #14 would have me doing fuging back flips.

if his ticker checks out i doubt he makes it past #5. definitely not past 10.

#104 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

There in lies the problem.

#105 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

I'm sorry I just don't like to see the word "RAW" when talking about a top 15 pick. I don't see that as a day 1 starter. I also don't want to spend a top 15 pick on a special team returner. I really don't want our 1st round pick risked on a special team play.

First rounders play KR/PR pretty often, especially when they've excelled at it before.

You're not spending the pick on a return guy, it's an added bonus. He's a legit receiver who is a bonafide playmaker. He has great size, speed, agility, etc. He, like many, needs to work on technique but to be rated this highly after just one year of NCAA ball says something about his potential.

#106 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

I like both guards it depends on what type of blocking system you have. Cooper is a perfect fit for a Zone Blocking scheme and Warmack is a man child made for a down hill running attack.

You dog Warmack for a combine performance all you want. But I saw this dude man Handle DT who will and were drafted in the 1st round.

#107 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

It could still scare a few key teams away. See Frank Alexander.

#108 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

I don't dog Warmack for his Combine performance, but it is disappointing when a guy shows up to the biggest job interview of his life out of shape.

It'd be akin to an Ivy League valedictorian showing up to his interview with a wrinkled suit and uncombed hair. It's just unbecoming.

#109 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

I like both guards it depends on what type of blocking system you have. Cooper is a perfect fit for a Zone Blocking scheme and Warmack is a man child made for a down hill running attack.

You dog Warmack for a combine performance all you want. But I saw this dude man Handle DT who will and were drafted in the 1st round.

I'm not dogging Warmack, I just don't see him as the demi-God you do.

#110 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

Now you're just talking out of your ass. Go back and watch Dwan against the run all season and try to make that comment.

As for Richardson, I don't care if he's "good" against the run. All we need him to do is hold his spot and occupy his blocker and let our exceptional LB Corps do their jobs.

No I'm not. It is a known fact that he was not good against the run. You want two slim DT's playing and not a DT that can take on the double team? I'm trying to be level headed here, while you tell me i'm talking out of my ass. Dwan is great for what he is. a 31, 32 year old defensive tackle. But we need a big body like Ron. Being a big bodied DT that can also pass rush is a luxury. That is why Star is so highly valued. We can't have Richardson and Dwan as our DT's. They will get pushed around. I'm not talking out of my ass. This is basic football 101.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users