34 replies to this topic

#1 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,408 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

Dead at 58... most people remember him as children as the funny little fat guy that walked to the ring with the scary guy. If you're a former or current wrestling fan, you'll nostalgia'd at this video clip here.

Also here is a summation of life as a wrestler back in the 90s

Posted Image

#2 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

Sad news indeed. One of the most memorable non-wrestler personalities ever in the business.

#3 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

If you put his ashes in that urn, would that be appropriate...or creepy?

#4 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

If you put his ashes in that urn, would that be appropriate...or creepy?

Taker should bring it out at Mania.

#5 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

god wrestling is ridiculously ghey

#6 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,917 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

Posted Image

#7 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,441 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

My friend and I still occasionally bust out an "Ohhhhhhhh Unnnderrrrrrrtakerrrrrrrr!!!" in honor of Paul Bearer. He was a funny dude and that was back when wrestling was worth a crap.

#8 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

My friend and I still occasionally bust out an "Ohhhhhhhh Unnnderrrrrrrtakerrrrrrrr!!!" in honor of Paul Bearer. He was a funny dude and that was back when wrestling was worth a crap.

Would that be back in the day when they actually tried to pass that crap off as "real" and an actual sport?

Wrestling is nothing by a Soap Opera for guys.

However, I do find it interesting to see all of the ridiculous storylines that they come up with.

Back in the mid-90's I worked at ESPN with a Director who previously worked for the WCW and WWF. Some of the stories that he told about what went on behind the scenes was extremely entertaining.

#9 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,441 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

Would that be back in the day when they actually tried to pass that crap off as "real" and an actual sport?

Wrestling is nothing by a Soap Opera for guys.

However, I do find it interesting to see all of the ridiculous storylines that they come up with.

Back in the mid-90's I worked at ESPN with a Director who previously worked for the WCW and WWF. Some of the stories that he told about what went on behind the scenes was extremely entertaining.

Back in the day for me means, "when I didn't know any better." I wasn't even 5 when Undertaker first appeared in WWF. So, the memories are awesome. Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Brett "The Hitman" Hart, Bam Bam Bigelow, Ted Dibiasse, back when Shawn Michaels was in the tag team duo of The Rockers, lol.

After those years I kept up with it casually, and then when guys like Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock came into the fray, I picked it back up because they were such engaging characters and pretty hilarious. But, once they left, I lost all interest in it because it is fake and if there isn't any guys spewing out ear-catching one-liners anymore, it's just not worth watching to me.

#10 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,051 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

^^^ Thats it exactly, but I was a few years older when 'Taker arrived in the WWF... Saturday Nights Main Event, the Sat/Sunday morning shows, I can name all but 1 wrestler in the above pic, the guy with sunglasses that aint Undertaker, used to love it. Now, I will check out Raw every few months just to see..... Didnt P.Bearer used to wrestle? Before he was a manager?

#11 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,281 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

It's unbelievable how many former wrestlers die at such a young age.

#12 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,441 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

^^^ Thats it exactly, but I was a few years older when 'Taker arrived in the WWF... Saturday Nights Main Event, the Sat/Sunday morning shows, I can name all but 1 wrestler in the above pic, the guy with sunglasses that aint Undertaker, used to love it. Now, I will check out Raw every few months just to see..... Didnt P.Bearer used to wrestle? Before he was a manager?

Whoops, as an addendum, I was actually 6 or so when Undertaker started in the WWF in 1990.

#13 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,441 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

It's unbelievable how many former wrestlers die at such a young age.

Yeah, another big name from my childhood wrestling fan days was Razor Ramon aka Scott Hall. If you haven't already, check out this story on him. It is both sad and disturbing. I really hope he makes the most of the time he has left on this Earth and gets himself together.

#14 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

How could such a manly sport be gay?

Posted Image

#15 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Yeah, another big name from my childhood wrestling fan days was Razor Ramon aka Scott Hall. If you haven't already, check out this story on him. It is both sad and disturbing. I really hope he makes the most of the time he has left on this Earth and gets himself together.

https://www.youtube....h?v=gL4IbTRRtSc

Scott Hall has recently checked into Diamond Dallas Page's rehab thing. Nearly everyone is looking at this as Scott's last real shot at getting clean. Everyone has faith in DDP too because he turned Jake the Snake's life around.

Anyways, R.I.P Paul Bearer. I was never a huge fan of him or anything but he was definitely one of the most memorable non-wrestlers in the business.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com