#16 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

falcons, 2010: "We're just two good defensive backs away from a super bowl, guys."
falcons, 2011: "We're just one good defensive back away from a super bowl, guys."
falcons, 2012: "We're just one good defensive back away from a super bowl, guys."
falcons, 2013 "We're just a Darelle Revis away from a super bowl, guys."

Just a Darelle Revis away from 0 pass rush and cap woes

"But a good secondary will help with our pass rush!!!" yeah just like he helped with the jets nonexistent passrush.

#17 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,631 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

And? What does that have to do with the lack of depth they'll have once gonzo finally hangs it up and they don't have their next few 1st round picks if they trade for Revis?

BUT, who was it that we just read an article on here from recently who said that Hurney's weakness/problem was his dependency on bringing rookies in and expecting them to contribute immediately?

The point is, if you're already good and addressed the positions you needed to address prior to the draft, then you don't NEED your 1st rounders every year. You just better be right in who you spent them on, which the Failcons have as of late.

EDIT: It was Smitty I was referring to in the first sentence.

#18 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,294 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

if the falcons want to trade away the meat of another draft to shoehorn more star power into their secondary while their front four rots into nothing i'm not going to complain

unless my eyes are playing tricks on me falcons fans it looks like your best defensive end right now is kroy biermann

#19 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

BUT, who was it that we just read an article on here from recently who said that Hurney's weakness/problem was his dependency on bringing rookies in and expecting them to contribute immediately?

Yeah that's not really helping your point

They already have two cruical FAs they'll need to resign PLUSmanging to stay under cap for both Revis and Matt Ryan next year, PLUS trying to find one or two good DEs, PLUS trying to find a starting HB.

And if they follow your example of not trying to find rookies to contribute immediately (they won't, they're going to draft rookies and expect them to start, just like 31 other teams will) there's zero way they can stay under cap.

#20 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Not true. Depending on how steep the price will be on Revis. I'm sure the Falcons are willing to give up this year 1st and 2nd for him. Even tho his coming of ACL tear. It is going to depend how much the Jets want for him. But I'm sure the team that has best chances are the 49ers. They are have 12 picks in this year draft. The already great 49ers will just be even more powerful if they get Revis. So either way the Panthers want see the SB no time soon with 49ers getting stronger. LOL

I just think Revis already wants to go to San Fran and that is going to overpower Atlantas efforts..

#21 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,631 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Yeah that's not really helping your point

They already have two cruical FAs they'll need to resign PLUSmanging to stay under cap for both Revis and Matt Ryan next year, PLUS trying to find one or two good DEs, PLUS trying to find a starting HB.

And if they follow your example of not trying to find rookies to contribute immediately (they won't, they're going to draft rookies and expect them to start, just like 31 other teams will) there's zero way they can stay under cap.

Uhh, Smitty is the one who said drafting rookies and expecting them to start immediately was a problem. Looking at our philosophy under Hurney's tenure in which the scales tipped overwhelmingly with prejudice towards drafting rookies over EVER signing FAs to start, I'd say that philosophy is flawed.

Everyone could be right about the Failcons this year because of their front four, but releasing Turner won't hurt them. RB is the easiest position to fill year in and year out. Their offense won't suffer, especially if Gonzo somehow comes back. Defensively? We'll see. All I'm saying is, their way of doing things has produced way more positive results and outcomes than ours have over the last 3-5 years.

#22 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,100 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Yes, and they improved after each of those signings. What have we done since 2009?

We got a revamped logo that looks meaner

#23 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,416 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Lol falcons would be idiots to give up the picks it will take to get a DB coming off an ACL injury.. That lack of draft picks will come back to bite them in the ass eventually IMO.

Has not so far. Hurney has done far worse to our team. Than again he traded away our picks as well.

#24 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,111 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Falcons getting him. Say bye to our post season dream this upcoming season.

#25 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Falcons getting him. Say bye to our post season dream this upcoming season.

Ah yes a corner back we haveto see Only Two Games means we're not going to the playoffs.

#26 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Its going to be the niners

#27 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

All I'm saying is, their way of doing things has produced way more positive results and outcomes than ours have over the last 3-5 years.

Oh yeah I wasn't saying thier way of doing things is flawed just they havea lot of gaps to fill and doing this would be fugging suicidal to signing key players and future FAs.

And even if they don't plan to sign him next year and they see Revisas THE key missing piece for a SB run (lmao he isn't) are they really willing to give up the picks jsut for a one year player?

That being said obviously thier FO is better than ours the past 5 years.

I still see Revis going to a prove Defensive team like the 49ers.

#28 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

how come were not interested in anyone? im scared

#29 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,111 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

Ah yes a corner back we haveto see Only Two Games means we're not going to the playoffs.

Yea, two games that we're losing in our division. Yea, two games of shutting down our best receiver (89).

Thats a 0-2 in the NFC South before our season even start. =)

#30 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

If the Falcons invest this heavily into their secondary rather than improving their aging defensive trenches, it's going to be a grave mistake. The Falcons are looking at literally having one of the worst pash rushes in the league, going into next year. Even Revis can't cover indefinitely, and it's yet to be seen if he's the same coming off injury. Not to mention that the Falcons run defense is going to be fuging atrocious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.