- - - - -

Falcons interested in Revis.

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#11 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

They've been giving up draft picks (See Gonzo, Julio Jones) and they made it to the NFCCG last year.

And? What does that have to do with the lack of depth they'll have once gonzo finally hangs it up and they don't have their next few 1st round picks if they trade for Revis?

#12 Rags

Rags

help

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationButtsville, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Good. Let em. That way they'll have to break the bank on both Matt Ryan and Revis next year.

#13 Rags

Rags

help

• LocationButtsville, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Also if this happens we NEED a #2 WR. No if ands or buts.

#14 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• LocationMatthews, NC
Administrators

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

falcons, 2010: "We're just two good defensive backs away from a super bowl, guys."
falcons, 2011: "We're just one good defensive back away from a super bowl, guys."
falcons, 2012: "We're just one good defensive back away from a super bowl, guys."
falcons, 2013 "We're just a Darelle Revis away from a super bowl, guys."

#15 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

HUDDLER

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

falcons, 2010: "We're just two good defensive backs away from a super bowl, guys."
falcons, 2011: "We're just one good defensive back away from a super bowl, guys."
falcons, 2012: "We're just one good defensive back away from a super bowl, guys."

Well we were one play away from getting to the super bowl. I don't see why not. However most of us don't like this move if it happens jase.

#16 Rags

Rags

help

• LocationButtsville, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

Just a Darelle Revis away from 0 pass rush and cap woes

"But a good secondary will help with our pass rush!!!" yeah just like he helped with the jets nonexistent passrush.

#17 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

And? What does that have to do with the lack of depth they'll have once gonzo finally hangs it up and they don't have their next few 1st round picks if they trade for Revis?

BUT, who was it that we just read an article on here from recently who said that Hurney's weakness/problem was his dependency on bringing rookies in and expecting them to contribute immediately?

The point is, if you're already good and addressed the positions you needed to address prior to the draft, then you don't NEED your 1st rounders every year. You just better be right in who you spent them on, which the Failcons have as of late.

EDIT: It was Smitty I was referring to in the first sentence.

#18 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• LocationChapel Hill
SUPPORTER

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

if the falcons want to trade away the meat of another draft to shoehorn more star power into their secondary while their front four rots into nothing i'm not going to complain

unless my eyes are playing tricks on me falcons fans it looks like your best defensive end right now is kroy biermann

#19 Rags

Rags

help

• LocationButtsville, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

BUT, who was it that we just read an article on here from recently who said that Hurney's weakness/problem was his dependency on bringing rookies in and expecting them to contribute immediately?

Yeah that's not really helping your point

They already have two cruical FAs they'll need to resign PLUSmanging to stay under cap for both Revis and Matt Ryan next year, PLUS trying to find one or two good DEs, PLUS trying to find a starting HB.

And if they follow your example of not trying to find rookies to contribute immediately (they won't, they're going to draft rookies and expect them to start, just like 31 other teams will) there's zero way they can stay under cap.

#20 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKitchen
HUDDLER

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Not true. Depending on how steep the price will be on Revis. I'm sure the Falcons are willing to give up this year 1st and 2nd for him. Even tho his coming of ACL tear. It is going to depend how much the Jets want for him. But I'm sure the team that has best chances are the 49ers. They are have 12 picks in this year draft. The already great 49ers will just be even more powerful if they get Revis. So either way the Panthers want see the SB no time soon with 49ers getting stronger. LOL

I just think Revis already wants to go to San Fran and that is going to overpower Atlantas efforts..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users