Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wealth Inequality in America

271 posts in this topic

Posted

no, you made an assertion and cried about ivory tower elitists when asked how you had reached that conclusion because you can't be bothered to actually support your arguments; then, you shifted the goalposts from "a lot" of people on GA are lazy to "omg u dont believe anyone on GA is lazy typical cantrell just typical"

you must have been something to behold in science class

Posted

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”

Yes, but we forgive you for your ignorance. There's a wealth of knowledge out there that cannot be found in any text. And if it is, its a cut, dried, simplified version of a much more complex issue.

But continue on.

Posted

sorry, not interested in anecdotal evidence

Posted

even though the very foundation of your wealth of knowledge is ultimately based upon a myriad of anecdotes

Posted

science: a myriad of anecdotes

Posted

mostly its just called data which is mined from anecdotes

Posted

yeah that's basically all there is to data collection because as all scientists know, selection bias isn't real and small samples (such as, for example, your own dumb experiences) are perfectly representative of entire populations

Posted

a youtube video by psc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjQm9aJMo1U&sns=em

Posted

yeah that's basically all there is to data collection because as all scientists know, selection bias isn't real and small samples (such as, for example, your own dumb experiences) are perfectly representative of entire populations

because knowledge is static right

i'm starting to think you're afraid of visceral learning experiences

Posted

nah i'm just unwilling to accept unsubstantiated claims such as "a lot of people on welfare are lazy" without:

1) defining "a lot"

2) defining "lazy"

3) any semblance of evidence beyond your dumb anecdotes

it's amazing how you "lol libruhl arts heh" types are so afraid of the scientific method when its results directly contradict your dumb ideology

Posted

yeah, its pointless arguing with someone that believes self serving government statistics are "scientific method" and rejects real world experience over numbers that have been doctored to keep the cash flowing

you're so willfully ignorant that its not amazing that you have to come onto a message board to espouse these views since no one in real life will listen to you suck

Posted

i was wondering how long it would take for you to call relevant data the product of a vast conspiracy

what other science do you believe to be a conspiracy? global warming? evolution? plate tectonics?

it's amazing how people like you will place your lives in the hands of science when it benefits you while wildly denying any of its results that don't fit your broken ideology and dumb gut feelings. the idea that the government has a vested interest in manipulating data to draw attention to our horribly broken system is fuging laughable and (surprise!) unsubstantiated. i'm noticing a trend here. you know i've seen you use plenty of dumb 4chan poo to deride the religious around here but i fail to see the difference between their belief in a benevolent god and your belief in just-world hypothesis bullshit. it's funny how their god is silly and there's just no proof, but your god is totes legit u guys