270 replies to this topic

#196 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

Cantrell with real world experience is even funnier...

You're assuming that everyone will work hard if given the chance. That's the problem, as hatter said, with these programs... a lot of ( but not all) people, once they're on them don't give a crap anymore... they're taken care of so why try anymore? Take the handout, be lazy and do whatever you want.

a steady rise in worker productivity along with wage stagnation seems to indicate that there's absolutely no fuging incentive to "work hard"; this of course being irrelevant because you can't provide empirical evidence of your shitty claim that "a lot of people are just lazy"

#197 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,596 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

a steady rise in worker productivity along with wage stagnation seems to indicate that there's absolutely no fuging incentive to "work hard"; this of course being irrelevant because you can't provide empirical evidence of your shitty claim that "a lot of people are just lazy"

If you need "evidence" that people are lazy then youre way dumber than even I thought and that is really saying something.

Have you ever even worked a real job, ie. one outside a classroom?

#198 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

If you need "evidence" that people are lazy

this is a straw man. stop being deliberately disingenuous or stop posting

then youre way dumber than even I thought and that is really saying something.

this is ad hominem. defend your (at this point) baseless claim or stop posting

Have you ever even worked a real job, ie. one outside a classroom?

have you ever stood up without breaking a sweat?

see, neither of these questions are relevant to your baseless claim. i don't care about your anecdotes about the lazy guy you met that one time at your job.

i need evidence that:

1) "a lot" of people on government assistance are "just lazy" (your words) and, if you can find that information (you can't because it doesn't exist, though i certainly expect you to shift the goal posts as to what constitutes "a lot" to the point that in fact a very small percentage of assistance recipients meet the criteria), i'm going to also need evidence that:
2) the private sector will provide jobs for those who want a job at either a wage that keeps up with productivity, incentivizing "hard work" (it won't), or at the very least a living wage (it won't)

you don't get to call welfare recipients lazy when the glorious free market has yet to allow for full employment (and of course, never, ever will). as was said earlier, capitalists prefer artificially high unemployment for blatantly obvious reasons.

#199 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,596 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

I didn't think you would answer the question.

#200 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

this is why i usually don't treat posters like hatter or ncbiscuit with respect; neither argue in good faith

there is such inconsistency among the conservatives here. unemployment is high because obummer isn't doing anything, but government can't create jobs. there's no universal right to employment, but if you're unemployed you're a parasite.

capitalism essentially requires unemployment (outside of the fantasy world where perfectly competitive markets exist) and in fact the ruling class prefers artificially high levels of unemployment; they use this to depress wages and create an environment in which employees can't just tell their shitty boss "go fug yourself"

It is amusing that you would actually think that I care what you think about me or my opinions. My opinions, intelligence, and work ethic had resulted in a very successful life (both personally and financially). Your constant bitching about how unfair the system is and how it is others fault for what you don't had had only made you a bitter person and a financial disappointment.

Sur on the sidelines and complain about what others have....the others move on down the road of financial success....and you are still sitting in that same spit on the sidelines.

Enjoy the view.

#201 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

I didn't think you would answer the question.

oh no i wouldn't answer an entirely irrelevant question meant to deflect any calls for evidence of your bullshit claims :( :( :(

#202 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

It is amusing that you would actually think that I care what you think about me or my opinions. My opinions, intelligence, and work ethic had resulted in a very successful life (both personally and financially). Your constant bitching about how unfair the system is and how it is others fault for what you don't had had only made you a bitter person and a financial disappointment.

Sur on the sidelines and complain about what others have....the others move on down the road of financial success....and you are still sitting in that same spit on the sidelines.

Enjoy the view.

i don't actually think you care about how you're perceived; if you did, you'd stop being such a detestable person

oh and you would take care to make your posts legible when attempting to convince someone that you're intelligent

#203 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

i don't actually think you care about how you're perceived; if you did, you'd stop being such a detestable person

oh and you would take care to make your posts legible when attempting to convince someone that you're intelligent

I am posting on a MB....don't really care that much about sentence syntax, grammer, etc here.

As for intellingence....I will absolutely guarantee you that you are not even in the same ballpark as I am.

SAT....1510
Scholarship offers.....Duke, West Point, Northwestern
Graduated with double majors in Acctounting and Economics....3.8 GPA
MBA in International Finance....4.0 GPA and first in my class

I took the academic abilities that I was born with....worked hard in school...and have achieved financial success due to both.

So, keep sitting on the sidelines bitching about how the world is unfair. I will make sure to wave and then give you the finger as I fly past your stagnant ass.

#204 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,596 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

oh no i wouldn't answer an entirely irrelevant question meant to deflect any calls for evidence of your bullshit claims :( :( :(

You won't answer it because we all already know that you sit in your academic ivory tower looking down at the rest of us instead of out in the real world.

#205 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,246 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

If gs is in a tower looking down on people he is not the only one in this thread...just saying

#206 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,596 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

If gs is in a tower looking down on people he is not the only one in this thread...just saying

Who else?

#207 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,246 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

off the top of my 1 cup of coffee this am head...madhatter

#208 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,596 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

Meh... he was just responding to Cantrell's typical attacks. Unlike some on here (Cantrell) I don't assume anything about the people I'm discussing topics with.

I usually don't agree with you on political issues, or hatter for that matter, (heh, heh) but we can generally have an adult discussion...

I've seen you and hatter go at it before and get a little personal, but I always assumed that was because you knew each other irl... maybe that's not a good assumption idk.

Either way, my point is... and Cantrell has admitted to such in another thread, that Cantrell thinks Cantrell is better than everyone on this board. It's really hard to have any legitimate discussion in light of that whether you agree or not.

#209 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

You and I have gone at it a few times in here....and I had gotten personal on many occassions. That was wrong of me and for that I apologize. I do not have anything personal against you....we just don't see eye to eye on political topics.

I have met you many times at the TG....shared some good food/beer with each other....and you are a really nice guy. I feel bad for the personal attacks that I have made in the past.

But GS is over the top and ridiculous.

#210 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

I am posting on a MB....don't really care that much about sentence syntax, grammer, etc here.

As for intellingence....I will absolutely guarantee you that you are not even in the same ballpark as I am.

SAT....1510
Scholarship offers.....Duke, West Point, Northwestern
Graduated with double majors in Acctounting and Economics....3.8 GPA
MBA in International Finance....4.0 GPA and first in my class

I took the academic abilities that I was born with....worked hard in school...and have achieved financial success due to both.

So, keep sitting on the sidelines bitching about how the world is unfair. I will make sure to wave and then give you the finger as I fly past your stagnant ass.

If you got scholarship offers to those schools then why the fug did you go to UNC Charlotte?

Where did you get your MBA?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.