Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eagles releasing Asomugha today.

46 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't believe the Asomugha in Philly was the same Asomugha we came to know in Oakland

He is a lot better than what he showed in Philly, for whatever reasons he didn't show it who knows

Anyways, yeah we played Oakland in 2008 and Aso held Smitty to a catch for 9 yards...dude can ball

Posted

He's been below average the last two years, and I heard they moved him back to man coverage a majority of the time this year and it still didn't help. Going to Philly killed his reputation.

Posted

Anyways, yeah we played Oakland in 2008 and Aso held Smitty to a catch for 9 yards...dude can ball

To be fair, Jake Delhomme was the starting quarterback of a playoff team then. That was a long time ago and a lot can change.

Posted

Smitty beat him a few times that game, Jake just couldn't get it to him.

Posted

Biggest offseason yet and we stuck making no moves with a losing record

Posted

Biggest offseason yet and we stuck making no moves with a losing record

What. . . like ever? Because I don't believe that's true.

Posted

What. . . like ever? Because I don't believe that's true.

Idk but ever, but definintely in the past 6 years

Posted

I don't think that we have the cap space to sign Asomugha or Revis, heck we may not be able to keep Gamble...

Posted

Remember the 49ers are after Revis right now. Could you imagian how unstoppable the 49ers would be on D if they got Revis and signed Asomugha. The NFC would be doomed. LOL

You thinking they'd use Asomugha as a nickel back?

Posted

He will get a healthy contract ... far above vet minimum.

Wishful thinking though!

Posted

The 9 yards Smitty got off Asomugha was probably the toughest 9 yards Smith got in his career if I remember correctly it was just a little flare route he had to jump up and battle for

No way am I condoning that Aso is better than Smith its just that I think Aso will go somewhere and be like Woodson was to Green Bay

Posted

Id give up to 3 million and year and let him play to his strengths aka one side of the field, if gamble restructures and we hold on to him for a year or two would be a pretty dman good secondary. Maybe a draft pick or someone on the roster like Thomas could step into the Nickle if we don't re-sign munnerlyn.