45 replies to this topic

#31 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

What. . . like ever? Because I don't believe that's true.

Idk but ever, but definintely in the past 6 years

#32 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

I don't think that we have the cap space to sign Asomugha or Revis, heck we may not be able to keep Gamble...

#33 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Remember the 49ers are after Revis right now. Could you imagian how unstoppable the 49ers would be on D if they got Revis and signed Asomugha. The NFC would be doomed. LOL

You thinking they'd use Asomugha as a nickel back?

#34 tailg8or

tailg8or

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC area

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

He will get a healthy contract ... far above vet minimum.

Wishful thinking though!

#35 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

The 9 yards Smitty got off Asomugha was probably the toughest 9 yards Smith got in his career if I remember correctly it was just a little flare route he had to jump up and battle for

No way am I condoning that Aso is better than Smith its just that I think Aso will go somewhere and be like Woodson was to Green Bay

#36 ForMac

ForMac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Id give up to 3 million and year and let him play to his strengths aka one side of the field, if gamble restructures and we hold on to him for a year or two would be a pretty dman good secondary. Maybe a draft pick or someone on the roster like Thomas could step into the Nickle if we don't re-sign munnerlyn.

#37 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

No we just don't have any money. We are the most cash strapped team in the NFL. That's what happens when you pay a 2-14 team like they are a 15-1 team.

Although it may be true that at the moment we are still over the cap. Barely. We still have options to not only get under, but far enough under to do some deals. The question becomes, are we a team that players want to play for?

We are going to have some money, but probably not enough to compete with some teams. But, do we need to sign every vet that hits the open market? We are still trying to figure out who we are. So we don't even know who we need.

Redoing a couple of contracts should give us some money to play with. We will just have to be picky on who we throw that money at. Personally, I trust Gettlemen to do what he can to make us better. And I don't believe he will throw money at just any FA. He will pick and choose carefully. It has been proven that bringing in a bunch of FAs does not guarantee anything.

My giddy tells me things are not as dire as most folks believe. So I am going to go with that.

#38 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Id give up to 3 million and year and let him play to his strengths aka one side of the field, if gamble restructures and we hold on to him for a year or two would be a pretty dman good secondary. Maybe a draft pick or someone on the roster like Thomas could step into the Nickle if we don't re-sign munnerlyn.

With the way this offseason is shaping up. Maybe 3mil could get the job done. He has already made a poo ton of money. Maybe he will play for less knowing he may not get much more anywhere else. This is my thinking anywho. How much does money mean to some of these guys? Some have made enough to allow them to pick where they want to play. And maybe we are a team he would take less to play for.

#39 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,372 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

I can't imagine that they could afford both... could anyone?

I mean if they did, that's a minimum of 2 or 3 superbowls for them I think.

All of those high dollar CBs Philly signed sucked, you never now how things are going to work out. I could see the 9ers screwing it up by trying to be too cute with free agents.

#40 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,975 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

All of those high dollar CBs Philly signed sucked, you never now how things are going to work out. I could see the 9ers screwing it up by trying to be too cute with free agents.

True. Could work great, could suck. Ability isn't all there is. Chemistry is big too.

#41 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

I think the market is drying up for cbs who do not like to tackle

#42 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

hopefully we can resign Cam for vet min too.

#43 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Although it may be true that at the moment we are still over the cap. Barely. We still have options to not only get under, but far enough under to do some deals. The question becomes, are we a team that players want to play for?

We are going to have some money, but probably not enough to compete with some teams. But, do we need to sign every vet that hits the open market? We are still trying to figure out who we are. So we don't even know who we need.

Redoing a couple of contracts should give us some money to play with.
We will just have to be picky on who we throw that money at. Personally, I trust Gettlemen to do what he can to make us better. And I don't believe he will throw money at just any FA. He will pick and choose carefully. It has been proven that bringing in a bunch of FAs does not guarantee anything.

My giddy tells me things are not as dire as most folks believe. So I am going to go with that.

Yea but to get that money we must create more holes and restructuring contracts only push back bad contracts to the future. A future where we will need to sign our Star QB.

#44 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Yea but to get that money we must create more holes and restructuring contracts only push back bad contracts to the future. A future where we will need to sign our Star QB.

Granted, there are precious few ways to generate the money needed to sign FAs. A lot of Huddlerz feel that you have to lose Gamble to create that money. That is not the scenario either side would hope for. (Nor would any fan that feels he can still help us.) The best scenario may come from contract relief.

IMO, it all comes down to Gamble. Will he help us with cap relief? Or will he stand pat?

If he is willing to work with us we get cap relief to help sign...

Welp, Gamble just released. So there we go.

#45 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

I can't imagine that they could afford both... could anyone?

I mean if they did, that's a minimum of 2 or 3 superbowls for them I think.

They can sign them both at vet minimum!!!1!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com