54 replies to this topic

#1 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

Are they trying to trade him or trying to clear enough cap space to keep him or what? It seems odd the most 'obvious' release on the team has yet to happen with less than a week to go to the start of free agency.

#2 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

We have 2 needs at CB--I think we are waiting until the last possible moment to see the free agent landscape---notice they have not restructured Gross yet either.

I think they are hoping Gamble will take a pay cut or restructure and take a pay cut.

#3 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Yeah they are trying to keep him but they haven't come up with a solution to the cap problem. Unless they plan to extend for 2 years while turning this years salary into signing bonus I don't see it happening.

#4 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

I think we're sitting on him until the last minute to see what we could get for him.

#5 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

He was never the "most obvious" release. We have largely nothing at CB behind him and other players with similar cap hits at stacked positions. He could get cut but the only reason fans acted as if he was "obvious" is because he was never a fan favorite and you still have a plethora of nostalgiatards holding on for days gone by who don't want to see other players released.

#6 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,282 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

He was never the "most obvious" release. We have largely nothing at CB behind him and other players with similar cap hits at stacked positions. He could get cut but the only reason fans acted as if he was "obvious" is because he was never a fan favorite and you still have a plethora of nostalgiatards holding on for days gone by who don't want to see other players released.

No. He was the most obvious release, because he gives us the most immediate cap relief releasing him.

#7 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,400 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

If I had to guess I would think they are trying to restructure him to a cap friendly contract and if that doesn't workout then he'll be released.

There are 6 days remaining to get under the cap, some things won't be revealed until then or even later.

I don't think we can lose both Gamble and Munnerly. I really like the Josh's, but we need a solid veteran presense.

#8 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

No. He was the most obvious release, because he gives us the most immediate cap relief releasing him.

tunnel vision is wonderful

#9 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Word on the street is if he's cut, he'll just turn around and sign with Atlanta. Panthers trying hard to not let that happen.

#10 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

Yeah they are trying to keep him but they haven't come up with a solution to the cap problem. Unless they plan to extend for 2 years while turning this years salary into signing bonus I don't see it happening.

This makes the most sense to me. I would be very suprised if they are not trying to work out some sort of redo to keep him. The same with Gross, and to a lesser extent Beast and DWill.

We are still a young team. We need to try and keep some of the vets. Redoing their contracts to keep them is the best option. If it can be worked out. Some players refuse to redo, while some are more willing to aid the team.

We need Gamble. We need to redo his contract. I am hoping that is what is going on. I have to belive we have a plan. That is one of the worst things about being a fan. The not knowing what the FO is thinking.

#11 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Word on the street is if he's cut, he'll just turn around and sign with Atlanta. Panthers trying hard to not let that happen.

But according to the fanbase he is overrated. So why would the front office care about that?

#12 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,558 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Is Gamble really that good?

#13 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,814 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

someone tweet him and ask him when he's getting cut

#14 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

yeah, that's pretty much it, not sure what growl was ranting about, but this has always been the case, and has been talked about since mid season

#15 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Is Gamble really that good?

He was in 2011 before he got injured... But he's turning 30 and we need the cap space so I think it's a goodbye to Mr. Gamble

someone tweet him and ask him when he's getting cut

Better yet tweet Joe Person O.o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.