Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catalyst

What's up with Chris Gamble?

55 posts in this topic

Gettman is too slow in cutting the bad expensive Gambles!!

He's old and we all know that 3pm is nappy time for the olds, so he can't get allot accomplished before nap time. Of course dinner is at 5 and then it's nighty night @ 7. So really he's working as hard as he can in the 5 hours or so that he's awake and alert.

Stopped reading there...

I'm like one of the very few people that don't want Gamble to be cut and let it be known

No. He was the most obvious release, because he gives us the most immediate cap relief releasing him.

And you add the fact that hes not getting any younger and has several injury issue over the past 4 seasons. $10 a season is to much for him at this stage of his career. I would actually love to see him restructure his deal and stay with us, but that's on him to decided and for the team to make it happen.

Panthers linebacker gets put on IR 3 seasons in a row: we need to keep Davis and his starting spot shouldn't be given to anybody else

Panthers cornerback who's been one of the best in the league the last two seasons gets put on IR: cut this useless overpaid piece of garbage

I hate this place

Panthers linebacker gets put on IR 3 seasons in a row: we need to keep Davis and his starting spot shouldn't be given to anybody else

Panthers cornerback who's been one of the best in the league the last two seasons gets put on IR: cut this useless overpaid piece of garbage

I hate this place

Davis is an impact player, Gamble isn't.

I'd like to keep both personally.

I'm like one of the very few people that don't want Gamble to be cut and let it be known

I really want to keep Gamble, just not with his current contract.

Davis is an impact player, Gamble isn't.

I'd like to keep both personally.

He's a valuable player at a more important skill position, his contract can easily be restructured/extended and it would still open up a significant amount of cap. But nope a lot of people in here just want us to cut him to make a little bit more room to overpay for Danny Amendola.

He's a valuable player at a more important skill position, his contract can easily be restructured/extended and it would still open up a significant amount of cap. But nope a lot of people in here just want us to cut him to make a little bit more room to overpay for Danny Amendola.

Point taken. Personally I would try to extend him 2-3 years with an incentive rich deal that kicks based on games played, performance, blah, blah, blah.

I really like both Josh's, but Gamble is a damn good CB I'd love to keep around as a key D player and as a mentor to the younger guys.

1 person likes this

Amendola would be a dud here

Sarcasm, yeah, I know.

Was just saying.

Josh Thomas and Gamble would be a great tandem.

Norman shows a lot of promise, he just has to stop giving up that 7 - 10 yard cushion. It's funny watching him on tape to in that regard. He'll play tight to the line, but as the playclock drops he slowly walks back to that comfort zone...every time. Once engaged with the WR he maintains very good coverage, but getting to that point is the issue.