54 replies to this topic

#31 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Davis is an impact player, Gamble isn't.

I'd like to keep both personally.

He's a valuable player at a more important skill position, his contract can easily be restructured/extended and it would still open up a significant amount of cap. But nope a lot of people in here just want us to cut him to make a little bit more room to overpay for Danny Amendola.

#32 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,407 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

He's a valuable player at a more important skill position, his contract can easily be restructured/extended and it would still open up a significant amount of cap. But nope a lot of people in here just want us to cut him to make a little bit more room to overpay for Danny Amendola.

Point taken. Personally I would try to extend him 2-3 years with an incentive rich deal that kicks based on games played, performance, blah, blah, blah.

I really like both Josh's, but Gamble is a damn good CB I'd love to keep around as a key D player and as a mentor to the younger guys.

#33 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Amendola would be a dud here

#34 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Sarcasm, yeah, I know.

Was just saying.

#35 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Josh Thomas and Gamble would be a great tandem.

#36 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,407 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Norman shows a lot of promise, he just has to stop giving up that 7 - 10 yard cushion. It's funny watching him on tape to in that regard. He'll play tight to the line, but as the playclock drops he slowly walks back to that comfort zone...every time. Once engaged with the WR he maintains very good coverage, but getting to that point is the issue.

#37 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Norman shows a lot of promise, he just has to stop giving up that 7 - 10 yard cushion. It's funny watching him on tape to in that regard. He'll play tight to the line, but as the playclock drops he slowly walks back to that comfort zone...every time. Once engaged with the WR he maintains very good coverage, but getting to that point is the issue.

I think this is why we have to keep Gamble. With Chris I feel pretty good about our stable of CB's. Gamble could take the #1 WR while the Josh's gain confidence on the #2 WR. Without him I think the Josh's are in for rude awakenings.

#38 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,290 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Panthers linebacker gets put on IR 3 seasons in a row: we need to keep Davis and his starting spot shouldn't be given to anybody else

Panthers cornerback who's been one of the best in the league the last two seasons gets put on IR: cut this useless overpaid piece of garbage

I hate this place

Wrong. Gamble has only been one of the 'best' ONE of the past two seasons. Funny how Davis improved our run defense drastically, while we were 9th in most passing yards given up with Gamble starting, we are 20th without him.........

Chris Gamble, Cornerback*

While Chris Gamble had a decent 2011 season, in 2012 he played only one quarter of the year due to injury. The team clearly missed him in the lineup, although his 2012 season really wasn’t off to a great start. He had two missed tackles, and was allowing a 61.5% catch rate compared to a 45.0% one in 2011.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/03/performance-based-value-carolina-panthers/

Take that to the bank.

#39 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,407 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Gamble also gave up that terrible TD early in the Week 1 TB game.

I don't judge on one play or game, but that was ugly.

#40 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Funny how you completely attribute the run defense's improvement to Davis being in there while completely failing to mention Luke or the fact that we weren't starting a pair of sneakers at the defensive tackle position like in 2011

#41 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,290 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

I want it to be clear I have nothing against Gamble, I think he's a really good player, but he is not worth his price tag. Either he should take a pay cut or get released.

#42 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

That same website tweeted that he led all CBs in yards allowed per snap in coverage back in mid October

Also by the same website the next guy in the lineup graded out horribly overall so unless you have some scheme to bring in Revis and Sherman for vet min why not ease up on the whole cut Gamble campaign

#43 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Wrong. Gamble has only been one of the 'best' ONE of the past two seasons. Funny how Davis improved our run defense drastically, while we were 9th in most passing yards given up with Gamble starting, we are 20th without him.........

https://www.profootb...olina-panthers/

Take that to the bank.

http://espn.go.com/n...53/chris-gamble

2004 to 2009

His 2011 season stats mirrored his 2004 to 2009 stats.

If those stats equal a overrated CB. I dont know what is a good one.

#44 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

...we improved the defense last year without him....

#45 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

Ok what do you expect out of a guy who was drafted in the 5th round and came from a small school in NC. Plus he is a rookie learning the ropes. I'm sure if we mange to keep Gamble some how. Gamble can be a mentor to guys like Norman and Thomas. Norman will get better as time goes on. He was a rookie last year. What do you expect from a 5th rounder. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.