Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherAZ

Talib?

NFL contracts aren't guaranteed. We can walk away at a most any point. The key is getting money up front vs in yearly (non guaranteed) salary.

Yeah, that's what I was saying I imagine that he will be in fairly high demand this offseason meaning that if we want him, it'll involve a good amount of guaranteed money. Unless he can be gotten on what amounts to a year to year proposition, I don't really want him.

i want to win with choir boys

what we are 7-9 again?

There's a difference between choir boys and a dude who has shootouts with his family. Happy medium and all that.

i think he'd be great for those 9 games a season he isn't suspended or in jail.

Again though, are the Patriots really not going to resign a guy who can make their otherwise terrible secondary a lot better?

And oddly, no one sees this as a red flag :unsure:

There's a difference between choir boys and a dude who has shootouts with his family. Happy medium and all that.

i think he'd be great for those 9 games a season he isn't suspended or in jail.

Pretty much.

"Not a choirboy" is one thing. "Idiot with a tendency to do really stupid things that can get him arrested and/or suspended" is another.

Regardless of what we think I have no doubts Richardson would never, ever allow it.

agreed and i don't have a problem with this.

while i don't think we need to have all choir boys on the team, we really don't need someone with talib's baggage and propensity for getting into bad trouble.

There's a difference between rowdy guys and criminals, especially violent ones.

If you think a guy who's willing to commit a violent crime (domestic violence, shooting at someone, rape, etc) is okay as long as he can play football, you take the sport way too seriously.