Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Talib?

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Regardless of what we think I have no doubts Richardson would never, ever allow it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey' timestamp='1362647361' post='2153555']
Regardless of what we think I have no doubts Richardson would never, ever allow it.
[/quote]agreed and i don't have a problem with this.

while i don't think we need to have all choir boys on the team, we really don't need someone with talib's baggage and propensity for getting into bad trouble.

Posted · Report post

There's a difference between rowdy guys and criminals, especially violent ones.

If you think a guy who's willing to commit a violent crime (domestic violence, shooting at someone, rape, etc) is okay as long as he can play football, you take the sport [i]way[/i] too seriously.

Posted · Report post

Talib may come with a lower price tag since the cb free agents pool is huge this seaon.

Id take him and he is an upgrade over Gamble anyway..no matter what PFF said about one season Gamble had.

Also the CB out of GB is good too: Tramon Williams

Posted · Report post

I say. Go all Jeff Fisher on his asz. Sit him down for six or so straight hours, and see if he cracks. If he walks out or fails, you pass. However, if he gives a great interview, why not give him a shot?

It is going to be a buyers market in the next few months. It will only take one desperate team to overpay guys like Talib to drive the price up. Hopefully, teams are learning the consequences of f-ing with the salary cap. Maybe free agency is finally working the way it was intended.

Offer a fair deal. Throw in a franchise quarterback, with an up and coming team. Who knows? They may see we are building a winner up in here. Maybe they will want to come along for the ride.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1362630891' post='2153373']
i think he'd be great for those 9 games a season he isn't suspended or in jail.
[/quote]

Thats almost the amount of games Gamble has played in the last few seasons. Doghouse or injured...at 30.

Just dont move next door to Talib..he can start on my teams secondary now!

Posted · Report post

Football is a violent sport. We could use some more violent criminals on our team.