Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sen. Rand Paul is Giving a Genuine Filibuster

86 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Trying to block King Barack's CIA nominee until the drone strike policy is clarified. Been speaking about 2 hours now, changing subjects every 2-3 minutes. I guess he'll have to go pee sooner or later.

http://www.washingto...tion-cia-direc/

Posted · Report post

Better than those fake filibusters...

Someone get that man a phonebook.

It's not going to stop the vote...but fun nonetheless. I mean...nothing else is getting done in the Senate.

Posted · Report post

Why would a King care about flibusters?

Posted · Report post

Good Question

Posted · Report post

So libs are for shooting Americans with drones? Or cannot say anything positive about a Pub?

Or, is it the ole, "anything Obama does is okay with me" deal? Any Dem lawmakers upset with it?

Posted · Report post

This filibuster just went bipartisan. Sen. Ron Wyden, a Democrat from Oregon is now taking over the filibuster.

Posted · Report post

Rand Paul should read the constitution during his filibuster. It seems as though King Barack and the majority of our leaders in DC never have.

Posted · Report post

This filibuster just went bipartisan. Sen. Ron Wyden, a Democrat from Oregon is now taking over the filibuster.

Good, glad to hear that. Love to see more from both sides jump in.

Posted · Report post

I'm loving it. People are starting to realize that the United States really is becoming a totalitarian state withe the CIA mafia at the helm.

Posted · Report post

So libs are for shooting Americans with drones? Or cannot say anything positive about a Pub?

Or, is it the ole, "anything Obama does is okay with me" deal? Any Dem lawmakers upset with it?

I'm not ok with drone warfare on American citizens.

Glad you are starting to stick up for the rights of citizens...your HRC sticker is in the mail

Posted · Report post

I'm not ok with drone warfare on American citizens.

Glad you are starting to stick up for the rights of citizens...your HRC sticker is in the mail

as opposed to the times I have been against their rights? As in....

Posted · Report post

Scenario: An American citizen is discovered preparing an attack on something inside the US. In order to prevent an attack, a drone is used instead of ground forces for some reason. Would you give Obama "a pass" on that if he didn't order the attack? Or call him a spineless liberal?

This is why there is not a definitive "no" - because we want to let everyone know that you are not going to get a lot of extra time by using an American citizen to do your dirty work.

Does it suck? Yes. Do I like it? Not Really. But saying something completely negative when asked about this would be unethical.