Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sen. Rand Paul is Giving a Genuine Filibuster

86 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cookinwithgas' timestamp='1362624411' post='2153214']
The NSA and the DHS are not part of the military.

It would be political suicide to use a drone for anything like this unless you were sure beyond a reasonable doubt that the person being monitored was on their way to perform an attack and there was a chance conventional law enforcement would not be able to stop them. Again, chances are remote but there is a chance, so I think this was just CYA.
[/quote]

I would bet all I own that if Bush or Romney were president, your answers would be the exact opposite. Enable on.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

i wonder how many people who are currently panicking over obummer's drone policy supported, and continue to support, the "war on terror"

Posted · Report post

Rand is not talking about an immediate threat, but of an imminent threat.

What Obama wants is to use drone strikes on NON combative US citizens on US soil without a trial, this shouldn't even be up for debate...

Rand the man
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='stirs' timestamp='1362624893' post='2153222']
I would bet all I own that if Bush or Romney were president, your answers would be the exact opposite. Enable on.
[/quote]

I agree with you.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='AR-15 Panther' timestamp='1362625881' post='2153252']
Rand is not talking about an immediate threat, but of an imminent threat.

What Obama wants is to use drone strikes on NON combative US citizens on US soil without a trial, this shouldn't even be up for debate...

Rand the man
[/quote]

we've been killing noncombatants for years. it sucks when you could feasibly end up being the victim of an unwarranted drone strike, eh?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='gospodin shuttlesworth' timestamp='1362626390' post='2153263']

we've been killing noncombatants for years. it sucks when you could feasibly end up being the victim of an unwarranted drone strike, eh?
[/quote]

No matter what this is an unacceptable method of operation due to it's abusive potential.

Posted · Report post

I was against Bush with his bullsh*t patriot act and I am against Obamas pushing it the next step forward. I'm gonna guess the line draggers will be agaisnt our liberties depending on the red or blue in the whitehouse..
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='gospodin shuttlesworth' timestamp='1362626390' post='2153263']

[/quote]

Don't put words in my mouth, thanks. When have I ever condoned that, got a quote of mine or are you talking out of your ass?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kral' timestamp='1362626528' post='2153264']

No matter what this is an unacceptable method of operation due to it's abusive potential.
[/quote]

it's been unacceptable from the start; this is only the next logical step in the war on terror. this is what those millions of hippies were protesting about ~10 years ago

Posted · Report post

[quote name='AR-15 Panther' timestamp='1362626840' post='2153273']
Don't put words in my mouth, thanks. When have I ever condoned that, got a quote of mine or are you talking out of your ass?
[/quote]

i fail to see how i "put words in your mouth" in the post you quoted

we have literally been killing the poo out of noncombatants for years and now you're acting like this is surprising

Posted · Report post

[quote name='gospodin shuttlesworth' timestamp='1362627017' post='2153278']

it's been unacceptable from the start; this is only the next logical step in the war on terror. this is what those millions of hippies were protesting about ~10 years ago
[/quote]

They've protested it throughout history. They just haven't always been "hippies."

Posted · Report post

You put words into my mouth by your quote. If that was not your intent I apologize.