Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sen. Rand Paul is Giving a Genuine Filibuster

86 posts in this topic

Posted

They've protested it throughout history. They just haven't always been "hippies."

i used "hippy" facetiously as that's what they were derisively referred to as when they (correctly) protested the "war on an idea"

anyway i just don't think that the use of drones in america should evoke some higher level of repulsion to their use than what i've already experienced, having learned of their destruction in the middle east. words like "noncombatants" don't phase me bc, like i said earlier, we've been killing the poo out of noncombatants forever. and words like "innocent american citizens" don't pull at my heartstrings any more or less than "innocent afghan citizens" or really "innocent (anywhere) civilians"

Posted

Rand needs to stop this before Obama comes and knocks him over the head with that nobel peace prize.

I've emailed Lidsey Graham why he was eating at Obamas dinner while Rand was eating a snickers and fighting for our liberties.. Can't wait for his auto response...

1 person likes this

Posted

Double post

1 person likes this

Posted

Entering the 12th hour now. Other senators are joining in. Godspeed to all the participants. Break Strom Thurmond's record!

Posted

Going on hour 12

Stand With Rand

Posted

#standwithrand and #whitepeopleactivities are both trending on twitter

lol

Posted

Dick Durbin is trying his best to stop it by saying that a committee is supposed to have a constitutional hearing on this subject in the morning.

Posted

Entering the 12th hour now. Other senators are joining in. Godspeed to all the participants. Break Strom Thurmond's record!

I Hope he beats that racist democrat records A*s.

Its nice to see him getting more support with this filibuster, the most people I've seen on the floor all night.

On another forum I frequent they have sent him (Rand) a few pizzas, security wouldn't let the delivery guys through or get him the delivery. One delivery guy waited 45 mins before he had to leave. They ended up giving the pizzas to security who let them park with their flashers on outside the building.

Posted

Yeah I heard some fellow senators put a few pieces of food on his desk for him. When he yields for questions, that's when he takes his bathroom breaks. They're basically tag teaming to keep the filibuster going.

Posted

I Hope he beats that racist democrat records A*s.

Its nice to see him getting more support with this filibuster, the most people I've seen on the floor all night.

On another forum I frequent they have sent him (Rand) a few pizzas, security wouldn't let the delivery guys through or get him the delivery. One delivery guy waited 45 mins before he had to leave. They ended up giving the pizzas to security who let them park with their flashers on outside the building.

hey did you know that strom thurmond set that record over the civil rights act? and, by chance, do you know rand paul's position on the civil rights act? i mean hey it's good that this broken clock is right this time but chill out, rand's still a pretty shitty dude

Posted

Yes I did know that about Stroms record, hence my racist democrat line... As for Rand I see no one else filibustering for my liberties. No politician is perfect, he's good in my book.

Hey there's the first african american Senator helping out Rand, R SC Tim Scott.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's it. Good job Rand.

1 person likes this